• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Gen Has Best Pokemon?

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Generation II hands down and Kanto would be next because I'm old school (not really). I didn't get a starting interest in Generation III. And to be honest, a dislike for Pokémon came upon me because of it.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I have to say first gen. I remember sprinting home from school so I wouldn't miss the cartoon. And then Zach and Tyler would come over and we'd trade cards on my driveway. We'd find a puddle and play with the action figures, then go play Pokemon Stadium. All those memories were with the Kanto pokemon. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    SECOND GEN! The majprity of my favorite Pokemon are from Jhoto! Espeon, Quilava, Lanturn, Umbreon, Ampharos... *continues naming Pokemon for hours on end*

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Makin me Think

From what your sayin, 1st and 2nd gen are most popular. In my opinion, 2nd was the weakest, 4th was the strongest (All the doom legendaries), but gen 3 has a really good balance of powerful legendaries and awesome Pokemon (Go Swampert, Absol pwns). Its hard to make an opinion on 1st gen, because they're the originals. Well, they had some good ones (Gyrados, Dragonite). Its still 3rd for me!

Oh and no, my Ruby team isn't invincible, I was just making a point.

Last edited:

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    I Get It

Ok, I see I'm wrong. 3rd and 4th are just as popular, if not more! I don't understand why people like the 2nd gen so much. I guess I grew up thinking it was the smallest and the weakest, but apperently I was taught wrong!

I was going to make this a poll, but I messed up.
    So, keep posting ideas!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    lol. I must be a weirdo xDD I thought 2nd gen was the best out of all of them :) I think it's a nostalgia thing, b/c Pokemon Crystal was my very first pokemon game.

I loved the 3rd and 4th, but I found there were too many legendaries, especially in the 4th. Didn't seem too balanced to me, imo :/

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Yeah, I loved the 3rd gen because Ruby was my first game owned by me (I borrowed Crystal from a friend). I absolutely fell in love with little Funny the Mudkip, and ever since I thought 3rd was best.

killin_kobra

Pokemon Ruler
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    Im thinkin its Gen III. I rocked at that. Its was sinch to beat the Elite 4. Also it has Treeko

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Gen III was so cool, I love Emerald with the little animations =D Crystal had them too but theirs were crap :P

I played Yellow second (which sucked D:) and then Blue (FTW =DD) and then Silver then Ruby then Emerald then Diamond.

I mustn't have a life, then D:

(Mudkip + evos ftw, btw. Best started ever next to Bulbasaur and Chimchar. The Johto starters were all crap, imo. I fell in love with Togepi + evos)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think the first generation will always be my favorite. x3
    All of my favorite Pokemon, for the most part come from the first gen.

However, I really liked the third generation, as well. ^^

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    in my opinion it has to be the G/S/C generation. It kind of looks like gamefreak or nintendo or whoever does the graphics spent the most time on them, and kind of rushed the past two generations to get them out on time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    the second gen pokes pawn, ho-oh, celebi, lugia, suicune,raikou,entei,espeon,umbreon,the red gyrados and more

2nd gen started the whole concept of eggs and breeding, pokes like, phione, happiny, pichu, munchlax, etc wouldnt exist with out it

Back