• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Gen Has Best Pokemon?

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Which generation has the best Pokemon. For m, its Hoenn al the way. My Pokemon Ruby is undefeatable hile my Diamond, Pearl, FR, and LG aren't really that impressive.

WOOT!! GO HOENN!!!

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    I liked all the regions so far except Kanto... I don't know why, I just never realy liked Kanto that much.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I don't know. I can't choose; I like some pokemon from each region, so it's all equal for me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Definetely 1st and 2nd. The other two gens are nice, but I miss the old school Pokes. :D

Burgers Rule

Garchomp want PIE NOW!
    Years
    Still Third

I still say 3rd especially because of powerhouses like Deoxys, RAYQUAZA, Groudon, Metagross, Salamance, the list is endless. 2nd only had a few like Lugia, and 1st just had the originals. 4th is really great too, but 3rd wins for me!

Ember

Different Sequences
    Years
    4th gen because Dialga and Palkia can pawn Rayquaza,Salamence,Groudon
    And Giratina can pawn Deoxys
    Heatran can pawn Metagross

But if there we're no legendary I'll choose 1st gen because I like Alakazam

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    I'd have to say 1st Gen and 2nd. Both have beastly PokeMon, unlike others I dont judge a Gen on its Legendaries.

1st Gen = Reason: Love the classics! Where it all started, and so did my love of pokemon.

2nd Gen = Some really cute pokemon were released in the 2nd Gen!

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
    well id have to say the fist gen pokemon for a multitude of reasons. my first reason is it is closest to the original vision of satoshi tajiri and that makes all the original pokemon some how more real to me or seem to have more of a life to them. my second reason is it was what i grew up with and know them best. my third reason is that many newer pokemon seem kinda like last minute idea's and rip off's take nose pass for example that seemed like a last minute idea. secondly look at spheal seal, spheal their faces are identicle just diffrent shape and color. thats about all.

p.s. any one who does not like first or second gen probly didn't get into pokemon in the the 1&2 gen era.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Well, let me elaborate a bit:

1st gen - The original 150. It's basically the building blocks of what we see today. You get a wide variety of Pokemon from tanks to walls, sweepers, to useless pieces of junk. Perhaps it's nostalgia that makes the original gen my fave.

2nd gen - We get introduced to a lot of OU who still own Pokemon battles even today, like Skarmory. :) There's not much to say about the 2nd gen, but they were super nice additions to the original 150. Lots of babies, though D:

3rd gen - And I DO agree with Burgers Rule, how we get a lot of the powerhouses. But, a lot of those are ubers, which (I think?) are banned from Netbattle? I don't know, it's been a while. Nice pokes, but some are getting repetitive in terms of looks... and names. (Spheal and Seel? What the heck?)

4th gen - Okay, I know it's almost been a year since D/P came out, but they still feel too new. Some of the typings are interesting, but some are awful (Rock/Steel? Wtf? I liked Frosslass, though, Ice/Ghost is freaking cool, imo). Besides, there are too many Legendaries and evos to previous gen. pokemon. I don't feel like we're adding too many ORIGINAL pokemon to the already massive pool. Besides, it's too freaking stressful to evolve them (evolve by holding an item... and you can find this item...?).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Um, since this is saying the best pokemon, it's 2nd generation, hands-down. suicune, Raikou, TTar, BLISSEY, SKARMORY, Forretress, Donphan, Houndoom, Kingdra, Steelix, Scizor, Miltank...

those are good pokemon :0

I'm not even counting 4th gen since those are just evos, which makes it unfair (not to mention most D/P pokemon are REALLY overrated, like vire).

Shadowthinker

Blissey OKOer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2008
    Well i have to say 3rd Generation because of Rayquaza,Groundon and Kyogre and Metagross and Salamence.By the way do you really think your Ruby team is unbeatable Burgers Rule.

Back