• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which girl do you think will be perfect for Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    Wow 0.o okay I'm an Ash fan all the way but seriously the kid's just a bit too immature for that yet. I mean all he's bent on is Pok?mon and gym badges. We open up his skull and examine his brian we'll find it's 50% catch Pok?mon and 50% gym battles. Maybe when he grows up a bit and is a bit older perhaps there might be some issues there but for now I think he's just not really ready for that.

Hoshi

just myself....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2015
    whoa....after reading this thread, and the dub add-ins... I'll NEVER give pokeshipping a chance. I think Misty's too controling. I mean it's not her I don't like, its the way she treated Satoshi. May doen't know Satoshi well, and I think they're hitting it off ^_^;; In the episode where Misty gets her bike back, Satoshi said something like now Misty could leave now that she has her bike. I could be wrong, but she was all mad and left and he didn't understand. So don't flame me if I'm wrong. XP

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2006
    <.<

Well first of all, at the beginning of the episodes, ash is only like what...10? Boys dont really care about love and who deserves who, and etc. Ash is hardly a teenager now (preteen?) so he shouldnt really care...

Anime has a whole thing about really young kids having adult adventures.

take for instance....Azumanga Daisho(sp?)

the girl that the other girl is in love with is really tall, really busty, etc, but everyone else is all middle schooley.

Sorry, ill stop rambling....NO FLAMING

Hoshi

just myself....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2015
    kinagi said:
    Well first of all, at the beginning of the episodes, ash is only like what...10? Boys dont really care about love and who deserves who, and etc. Ash is hardly a teenager now (preteen?) so he shouldnt really care...

Anime has a whole thing about really young kids having adult adventures.

take for instance....Azumanga Daisho(sp?)

the girl that the other girl is in love with is really tall, really busty, etc, but everyone else is all middle schooley.

Sorry, ill stop rambling....NO FLAMING
    it's Daioh, don't worry ^^; :D

Years
    You know, there's been something that I've been wondering for a while.

In Gotta Catch You Later, Misty said "Now Ash Ketchum, I finally know how you feel about me".

People consider this shippy and that it's proof that Ash likes Misty, but I don't understand WHY.

Ash didn't do ANYTHING to make it seem like he liked her in that episode, I don't understand. To me, it seemed like it was proving the whole thing wrong, because Ash seemed happy at first. -_-

What did Ash do, I need to know, because I keep hearing "OMG PROOF OF ASH'S LOVE FOR MISTY IN GCYL!". WHAT DID HE DO???

I've heard that in the original though, it seemed like Misty was trying to give him a hint. But I've also heard the line was the same thing in the original so...

Anyone know the original line?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2005
    When and if Ash ever does get a g/f or settle down, I just hope it's either Misty or May. While I'm hoping for Misty to end up with Ash, the first girl a guy meets usually isn't 'the one'. May could possibly be the right girl for him. As a fan of these characters, I hope they all find love someday with someone at least; Brock, Tracey and Team Rocket as well.

It's possible Ash might never really fall in love but feel a need for a woman in his life and, thus, settle with someone compatible who makes him feel comfortable. He is a young buck now, but he displays many basic male characteristics so it's not outrageous to think he'll have a mate one day, or at least a girlfriend. He might date both Misty and May and then die suddenly before anything deep occurs, who knows? I wouldnt' say Ash is too imature for a relationship currently, just too focused on other things. This isn't the same Ash from season one, he's matured a bit, I mean he's been a mentor to other trainers already.

Of course these are TV characters, so if Ash does become romantic, it'll probably be the predictable fantasy type situation where his first choosen love will be his true permanent love. When I think about most of the couples that formed in Ash's presence during his travels, I believe most of the couples where friends for a good while. I'm thinking of those kids with the nidorans on the Orange Islands

Anyway, to sum it up, nothing is for sure but I hope either Misty or May winds up with Ash. Hopefully he'll give them both a chance.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Misty, of course...But then again...If you read the mangas, you know it DOES eventually happen...Sorry to spoil it for people who haven't...

And in the new ones, it's been over two years...and he was not 10, he was 11... Making him 13 or almost 14 by the new episodes. I hate to break it to you, but lots of boys are interested in girls WAY before then.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    deathbyalice said:
    Misty, of course...But then again...If you read the mangas, you know it DOES eventually happen...Sorry to spoil it for people who haven't...

And in the new ones, it's been over two years...and he was not 10, he was 11... Making him 13 or almost 14 by the new episodes. I hate to break it to you, but lots of boys are interested in girls WAY before then.
    Too bad for those who like Satoshi x Kasumi that Toshiro Ono's manga has no say in what happens in the anime and ended before Johto even started. Ono's manga was a FAN manga based off of the anime. If you really looked through it, you'd see that it's completely different in some ways from the anime.

And sorry to say, but not all guys are like that. You'd figure you'd all realize he feels NOTHING for either girl considering he hasn't any idea when it comes to the love issues in random episodes involving love.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Either no one or May. If you disagree, go see the ep where May winked at Ash.

Why I say no one, Ash is too busy with many many things to be busy with romance. Basically "no one" is the most sensible choice, cos Ash is too.....how to say this nicely....busy, as I said. The dubbers might like this to be G/PG rated, a romance scene isn't probably necessary for a cartoon with someone wanting to become the Master, wouldn't it?

If Ash goes with no one or May, I'll stick with Whitney. *glomps Whitney*

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I swear, some of you guys (I'm speaking in general) have no idea about love if the best excuse they can come up with for a "shipping" hint is winking. --; Winking does NOT hint at liking someone. e_e; She was simply teasing him for not knowing what's going on, which just adds further frustration for him for not getting it. o_O;

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I totally agree. winking doesn't mean anything. In IRobot, the robot winked at Will smith. Does that mean the robot is in love with will's character? Don't think so. :P

While there ahve been much more shipping hints between Ash and Misty.

If Ash ever does settle down with someone, it seems to me it would be Misty more than anyone else.

Logmon1

The one of many...
    Years
    Lisin I have prof that Ash was thinking about love in the begining: Ash's personality is exatly like mine and I was thinking about love when I was 8! :laugh:
    I like Ash and Latias myself.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Logmon1 said:
    Lisin I have prof that Ash was thinking about love in the begining: Ash's personality is exatly like mine and I was thinking about love when I was 8! :laugh:
    I like Ash and Latias myself.
    ....lmfao

You are not an anime character. The character is not based off of you. Nor are you based off of the character. We've seen evidence that Satoshi DOES NOT think about love, let alone understand it. Just because you like Latias (which is wrong on so many levels), doesn't mean he does.

There's absolutely no signs of him liking any of the girls. There's barely any signs that weren't dub add-ins from the girls, either. Just because people of the opposite gender group up together, doesn't mean they HAVE to get together or are destined to be soul mates. --; Ever hear of great bonding friendships? Or friendships where your friends are like family to you? That's about as close to loving Kasumi or Haruka that Satoshi will ever get. As companions, friends and possibly like sisters to him.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    The Adamant Dodger said:
    Who says it has to be a girl? You could cut the romantic tension between Ash and Gary with a knife, except you can't because it's too thick and you'd need a hacksaw.

But as far as straight shippings go, I say either Melody or Latias. Both obviously have feelings for the kid, and besides, they ARE cute together...

lol.. New episode spoiler.
    (in Ash's Voice)"Ash Comes out of the Closet!"
    In this episode you find that he has been secretly in love with Brock thr whole time.. Or even better, secretly in love with Gary! That would be great.

Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Too bad for those who like Satoshi x Kasumi that Toshiro Ono's manga has no say in what happens in the anime and ended before Johto even started. Ono's manga was a FAN manga based off of the anime. If you really looked through it, you'd see that it's completely different in some ways from the anime.

And sorry to say, but not all guys are like that. You'd figure you'd all realize he feels NOTHING for either girl considering he hasn't any idea when it comes to the love issues in random episodes involving love.

You're right, they are very different. And I didn't say all guys, I just said some guys. But I mean think about it.. Kindergarden. If a guy likes a girl, he pulls her hair. Am I right?

Logmon1

The one of many...
    Years
    No I said I like the Ash and Latias coupul. And whers your proof? I don't see you showing any quots from the show. And I have proof that Ash likes Latias:
    1. He spends more time with her then Latios.
    2. He chasis after her when normuly Ash wouldn't care.
    3. He trusted her to pull the boat thing when he could have used totodile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back