• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Heracross to pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Hello there.

I'm a casual-ish player (or so I tell myself) and I was going through the game. Just got my fourth badge. Anyway, I've been using a Heracross on my team. I found one with Jolly nature (+speed, -sp. attack) who is "strongly defiant" at level 5, trained it with EV emphasis on Speed and Attack as I went. Though I just noticed his ability is Swarm, not Guts. He's up to level 17.

Anyway, I went and caught another Heracross to try my luck. On my frist catch I got a Careful nature (+sp. defense, -sp. attack) who is "proud of its power", and does indeed have the ability Guts. He's fresh at level 5.

I'm not committing to catching a better one than these. So, which do you think I should use?

Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2010
    go with guts. also, I feel this qualifies you for a little more than a "casual player"

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Thanks for the responses.

Apparently I lied. I was waiting around and tried catching a few more. Found an Adamant one with Guts. And a Jolly one. Lucky me =). Going with the Adamant one.

By casual, I mean I don't get involved in battles with other people or anything, so I know nothing of all that competition stuff. I found serebii.net and was just compulsive enough to get at least decent natures and such.

Thanks again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back