• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better, Fakemons or Original Pokemon?

Which is better?

• Original Pokemon

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Fakemon

Votes: 33 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

School days again...
Years
  • Fakemon or Original Pokemon?

Which is better, Fakemon or original Pokemon and why? Just wondering.

Last edited:

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Hmm, I like em both, like Lunatic said, it depends on the quality work on them, if they are going to make them in 2 minutes then they suck, but in the long run, the official real pokemon are better. Their names are not cheesy, and they look cooler. Thats just my opinion though.. :D

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • I say Fakemon!

....Because I'm making a fakemon game. XD

Seriously though, they can be very original. Seeing as how I have 151 Fakemon just based on stuff you see in Hot Topic, it can be tough, but awesome. You also have to find a good spriter (say, Samson?) to do the work, don't go all Quartz and call it good. -.-

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
  • I voted for original. They're just so much better. They're not messed up anatomy wise and they (usually) look cooler. Fakemon are okay too as long as they are really well done. Fakemon from Smogon's Create a Pkemon are really good. Because they take weeks to make just one. But, original are better.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to say Fakemon, but I'm biased :P
    So long as the Fakemon are good, go for it. An example of a good Fakemon:
    Spoiler:
    and an example of a bad one:
    Spoiler:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    So long as the Fakemon are good, go for it. An example of a good Fakemon:
    Spoiler:
    and an example of a bad one:
    Spoiler:

Yeah. :]

Honestly, I don't care. I'm rather indifferent, really. If a fakemon's good, it's good; if it's bad, it's bad. Sometimes it's better to have the regular Pokémon, and sometimes the biggest appeal is the fakemon. It's a tough decision, and not one I'm going to make.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • I perfer originals, but fakemon can look pretty cool though. i think i might try to make my own o.O

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2010
    Original Pokemon

Original pokemon can always be good, cause they don't have cheesy names and graphics, but there are few good Fakemons.

Years
  • im not sure if they really count as fakemon, but i think the best are those ones that get a mention at the anime, but not in the games
    like notch ear pichu, crystal onix and pink rhydon

but they arent that orginal anymore, considering a lot of hacks have them

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Not a fan of most of the fan made pokemon, but I've seen some really good ones in my time.

P.S. Is Fakemons gramaticly correct? shouldn't it be Fakemon? like you wouldn't say sheeps, you would say sheep.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I voted Fakemon but it honestly depends on quality of sprites. I've seen some fakemon that completely blow away the original pokemon. With a good concept fakemon can be great. At the same time with a bad concept and someone who isn't willing to work on it for lets say an hour at least, then they can be very poor. It depends on concept and the spriter, really.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Well, this is the way I see it...

Original Pkmn > Fakemon > DPPt Pkmn

:P Sorry, there's about 5 good DPPt Pokemon but the rest look dumb lol

Jay C

Pokemon Shadows-The Resistance
    Years
  • It all depends on how good the spriter is. I'd say Fakemon, if you've seen Watertrainer's you would know why.

Back