• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better Ho-oh or Lugia?

Which is better?

• Ho-oh

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Lugia

Votes: 40 58.8%

• Total voters

JFire

Quilava Lover
    Years
    I like Lugia better because Ho-oh is just a bird, albeit a scary, angry, rainbow-colored bird, but still a bird. While Lugia, doesn't look quite like a bird in the traditional sense and I like that better.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    I honestly think Lugia is better, but that's just me with my affinity for sea Pokemon. @_@
    Also, Ho-Oh has that ridiculous... hair... wig... thing... on his head. And he uses rainbows. Who's going to be terrified of a giant bird with a wig that uses 'ROYAL RAINBOW!!!"?

Erm I think that if in real life a Ho-oh apeared in front of me and used some kinda move I'd s*** myself...just saying

I ended up getting both HG & SS, mainly because I'm a big pokemon fan, but I did play HG first (It was for Arcanine, not Ho-oh though...) But what does it really matter? You can get both of them in both games.

I think I like Lugia more, because it kind of reminds me of a Dragon, and I remember how badass he was in Pokemon 2000 :3
    But I do like Ho-oh's movepool more (Even though I think Aeroblast sounds really cool...)

Years
    I'm basing this purely on the second movie. Lugia rocks. He was really nice, and helped Ash help him restore the order of the world. It was quite sweet. And he looks awesome... an underwater deity that can fly above water. Can't get much cooler than that!

Years
    Lugia is the stronger of the two because it's water and Ho-Oh is fire.

But I prefer to use Ho-Oh because my first game I got was Gold version and it was one of my favorite pokemon games.

wth is with everyone saying lugia is water? cuz cuz it knows hydropump doesnt make it water, lugia is psychic/flying...

that means that ho-oh's fire attacks have normal damage on lugia. not to mention ho-oh learns sunny day which makes fire moves 50% stronger and water 50% weaker.

not to mention lets be 100% real right now, hydro pump misses A LOT.

lugia is weak to 5 things and ho-oh is weak to 3.

lugia isnt as beast as everyone is makin it out to seem..

and for the record, just cuz a lugia knows rain dance and hydro pump does NOT make it a water type lol.

thats like saying hitmonchan is fire/electric cuz it knows fire punch and thunder punch.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Ho-Oh all the way. I like the Phoenix / Rebirth theme that Ho-Oh displays, and it's one of the few fire pokemon I give a thumbs up to. Imagine it -- being burned to ashes by *Sacred Fire*. Sacred Fire beats out "Aeroblast" any day of the week.

Years
    Ho-Oh all the way. I like the Phoenix / Rebirth theme that Ho-Oh displays, and it's one of the few fire pokemon I give a thumbs up to. Imagine it -- being burned to ashes by *Sacred Fire*. Sacred Fire beats out "Aeroblast" any day of the week.

TYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
    lugia definatelly because it looks cooler no offence to any1 but ho-oh look kind of gai and lugia is stronger statwise and moveset wise and lugia is not supposed to be a bird so you know

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Ho-oh! Ho-oh! Ho-oh!
    He's waaay better than smelly Lugia! Haha. I like it's design more than Lugias.
    Lugia, isn't that bad though, it's pretty cool actually. Just not as cool as Ho-oh.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Ho-Oh is better for the simple fact that its a flaming-rainbow-chicken-looking-phoenix-that-represents-the-color-gold-despite-not-actually-being-colored-gold-and-it-also-represents-the-skies-and-heart-and-rebirth-and-probably-polka-dots. Lugia's just kind of a big, deep-sea bird. Plus, Ho-Oh can RESURRECT THE FRUGGIN' DEAD. Lugia can just kind of split up and island. Granted, storms are much cooler to watch than rainbows.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Lugia is better, imo. It's just got the stats and the looks. A force to be reckoned with, truly. :D

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I love Lugia out of the two because of the film Lugia starred in; it's still one of my favourite films now. Lugia played an epic role in it. But I also like Lugia because its design seems simpler of the two yet pulls off a brilliant look. But I have to say that Ho-oh has been overruled by Lugia, Ho-oh has this Phoenix look which I love and the whole rainbow thing going on there has to pull in another win for me. I'm weak to rainbows. Seriously. Ho-oh also has a brilliant move pool I have to say. So it's a close cut for me. I love them both equally really, but just for the vote I will go with which HG/SS game I got which was SS, so Lugia.

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
    I like Lugia better because I think he is prettier and I loved the movie that he was in. :3
    And I haven't been able to buy Soul Silver yet but when I get to I'll buy that one and not Heart Gold because I like the way the name sounds better and I played Silver a long time ago and not Gold

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013

let me see... i can see how Sacred Fire is cooler, but areoblast is just awesome. i give lugia scope lens and Ho-Oh goes down the drain.

ps in smash bros melee (i cant remember for brawl...) sacred fire is easily avoided, and i personally beat the hard adventure mode with a lugia pokeball (where he uses AREOBLAST).

Back