• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better. Xbox 360, Wii, or PS3

Which system is the best?

• Wii

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Wii, because it has games that most interest me (Fire Emblem, Mario, Zelda, Monster Hunter, Bit.Trip etc.) and I personally get the most enjoyment out of it. Plus I'm not narrow-minded in my game choices, yes there's many, many shovelware titles out there, but it doesn't mean I have to buy them.

While I agree with most of your posts how can you say the wii has the best multiplayer?

It has the best local multiplayer experience, by a long way. That's proper multiplayer.

NatureKeeper

Nintendo of Europe hacked
    European branch hit one week after Nintendo USA hacked

-break-

We have learnt of a possible phishing threat to users of the European Nintendo website which we are currently investigating. The protection of our customers is our utmost priority and so we have taken the precaution of immediately shutting down some parts of this website until further notice. We would like to reassure you that we do not hold our customer's bank, credit card or address details on the European Nintendo website and so this data is not at risk.

Phishing is when someone attempts to find out your personal information, such as usernames and passwords, by pretending to be a trustworthy person or company in an electronic communication such as an email or via a website

They have their security up even for accidents like these.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    In my opinion, which console is 'better' is more about what you're looking for in a console than anything else. The Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii all have positive and negative aspects about them that people need to look at and judge before deciding which console to purchase.

The Xbox 360 is a great console when playing games online. The fact that you pay for Xbox Live does make a difference because it grants you an advanced party system, an active marketplace with advanced purchase methods (trust me, Microsoft points instead of real cash can help when it comes to fraud), and increased security when managing online accounts and content compared to the other consoles. Xbox Live also grants you earlier releases for some downloadable content such as map packs in the Call of Duty series. So if you're someone who prefers multiplayer gameplay and wants a secure (well, maybe apart from Call of Duty 4) gaming environment, then the Xbox 360 really is the way to go.

What the PlayStation 3 lacks in online content, it makes up for in entertainment. The addition of a Blu-Ray player mixed with the conventional gaming discs mean that the console is a lot more versatile. In my opinion (and please take it as so) the PlayStation 3 has slightly better visuals when playing most games and movies. I don't know if it's the same for everyone but I certainly do see a positive difference in graphics when playing games on the PlayStation 3 (for reference, I played on the newest 320GB Slim and Lite) compared to the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii. Something has also got to be said for the Playstation Network being free and while the whole hoo-hah with the network being hacked was a problem; they did eventually fix it and most people didn't get off too badly, I guess.

The Nintendo Wii is a console that seems to have got the worse end of the stick. The multiplayer and graphical content seems highly lacking when compared to what the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 offer, however the Wii is one of those consoles that you can't help but having fun on. The innovative motion sensor controller and nunchuck, combined with awesome party titles mean that the Nintendo Wii is the favourable party console and it does have a bit more of a healthy lifestyle focus (moving about, compared to sitting like you would do with the other two consoles) tie in compared with the rest of the line up.

So yeah, I think that all three consoles have something to offer and choosing one depends soley on you and your needs. If you like playing games with a strong multiplayer aspect such as Call of Duty and Halo then the Xbox 360 really is the way to go. Prefer RPGs, or cinematic games? Then the PlayStation 3 will enhance the visual detail (at least, it does for me) of these games and you will find yourself with the most out of your game. Just want to good ol' have fun? Don't care about the graphics or multiplayer? The Nintendo Wii is the way to go for you. Awesome party titles such as Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Brawl will keep you entertained all night.

To finish off, I will vote for the Xbox 360 simply because I spend my time on it the most and it works the best for me personally. The so called 'console wars' however are odd because I don't think that one console shines out compared to the rest. They're just really good at what they do.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    PS3. What good games are there for the Wii? Hmm, lemme think. Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Smash Bros. Brawl, Monster Hunter Tri, Mario Kart Wii. That's 6 games. Good games for the PS3? God of War, the Fallout games, the Ratchet and Clank Future trilogy, Little Big Planet 1 and 2, Infamous, Resistance, and that's just scratching the surface. Add in free online, and you got yourself a great system.

Last edited:
    Back