• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is the best Internet Browser in your opinions?

Which Internet Browser is the Best?

• Total voters

benji

ウサギちゃん!
Years
  • Guys, don't you think that each next version of Firefox makes it slower and slower? I mean. FF 1.5 was really ok, it was fast etc. but now FF 2 seems a lot slower now.. They are losing the point..

Yeah, I *have* noticed that... (I think somewhere someone posted custom builds optimized for, like, different models of computers, but those are already outdated.)

I see a lot of people suggesting enabling pipelining (in about:config) to speed things up, but it makes things slower if your computer is as slow as mine. >_>

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • idk I'm currently using Firefox 3 at seems pretty fast, actually it's about the same speed as Safari for Windows. which ties it with the fastest browser I've used.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Firefox, by far. Whoever voted IE has either never seen another browser, or they have some serious problems :) -- only joking - but really, IE is a bad browser.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I really think that Firefox is the best option to go by. It is much faster to start up and load on my computer then Internet computer. It has never let me down before. That is why I still use it. ^^

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • I really think that Firefox is the best option to go by. It is much faster to start up and load on my computer then Internet computer. It has never let me down before. That is why I still use it. ^^

I think you meant Internet Explorer and not Internet computer. I agree with you on it's speeds and that it has never let me down.

DMNT

Prismatic.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    Using Safari 2.0.4 (419.3) right now as it takes up much less memory than Firefox, and is the most "Mac-like" of all these browsers on the list. (Of course, there are others: Shiira, OmniWeb, etc.) However, when I had Windows, Opera was definitely the best choice.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Actually i've been using FF 2 since it's been out but i'm just saying that FF 1.5 was a lot faster than FF2 and FF3..

I think they all run the same speed. I don't notice any diffrence.

They all work well imo.

QueenZ

Your Friendly Linux Support
    Years
  • This is because you must have a pretty good cpu... well i don't and so i can notice this difference..

QueenZ

Your Friendly Linux Support
    Years
  • But how can one simple web browser use all of my RAM and CPU speed?? It shouldn't be like that.. zilla should really work on this part...

supertails

Dictator
    Years
  • I don't know but I installed a screen saver on the school's computer and it took 2 minutes to get the right click menu and uninstalling it made it normal and took 2 seconds the right click menu.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    I don't think you need a new computer for that, you just have to reinstall your current OS! :) It always helps! :)

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I used to have Firefox but it wouldn't let me log into some gaming websites, so I switche dover to IE 7. Then I got tired of opening AIM manually, so I went back in time and busted out my AOL!

Back