• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which is your favourite pokemon generation

Years
    GEN I happens to be my fav. I like the 'original' and simple style of Pokemon (not dissing other generations or anything) I just like the way they look. My favourite game from GEN I is Firered, It also suprised me with the sevii islands.

FireRed's technically part of Gen III, even though it takes place in Kanto. I do also like the Sevii Islands, though.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
    I like Gen 3 and 4 because i really got started playing in Gen 3 (had Pokemon Yellow but lost it soon after starting) and Gen 4 develpoed on Gen 3, plus introduced 3D buildings.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    My favourite generation has to be III, simply because I like the Pokemon from their the most. It has Pokemon like, Milotic, Armaldo, Salamence, Walrein, Metagross and Grumpig. Generation IV has to be my least favourite. \; I don't really know why, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the other regions.

Years
    My favorite Generation is probably Generation II. While I loved Generation IV to death [and III to an extent], I just really love playing through Johto, more than any other region, and I love the design of pretty much every Pokemon in Generation 2, which made the game experience so much more enjoyable.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Gen** My BEST Experience

My favorite....It was Generation IV. Best thing that ever happened to me in my Pokemon Experience. Now, to answer why:

-Pokemon Sinnoh featured Many of my beloved Pokemons, in fact all of them were awesome regardless of types I hated. They had really amazing design IMO. For instance, Darkrai, he looks so cool and sinister xD! Dialga and Palkia, it was an awesome Legend if you ask me.

-I admired the plot of Sinnoh , I gotta say though I loved all other Pokemon plots :P .

-For the first time in my life, I loved all of the three starters. Usually, I only go with Fire Starters but when I saw all of them, their design and uniqueness allured me.

-Cynthia is my Top Champion when I saw her, I especially fell in love with the mighty Garchomp at that moment, I never leave a battle without my Garchomp in B/W currently.

-(In the Anime) I admired Dawn and she became my Idol. Not that I hate any other but she was excelling for me. (Opinion). The way she cheered Ash on, the way she always volunteered to aid Ash in his training, she was so lively and in fact, she was the reason for Ash's best Battle Strategies.

-(In the Anime) There was nothing Funnier than Barry and Piplup. And Team Rocket were at their Stupidest point! I loved them in Sinnoh, they were more Crazy than ever XD.

-(In the Anime) Paul was the most Epic Rival I'VE SEEN! He was Extremely Strong, a good reason to give a challenge, the opposition between him and Ash was boiling and getting so interesting. He was much more like a sinister character, making the rivalry part so Thrilling, Threatening, and Climactic.

-Gen IV Summed up all PkMns from Gen I---->IV. So, All previous Pokemon fan have no problem with this Generation. Unlike Unova, which dumped the whole collection.

-(In the Anime) Ash was A GOD during his Sinnoh Adventure. He was extremely professional at his journey. Amazingly, he did an Outrageous job in the League, his loss isn't considered a fair loss to me, he was easily gonna win that League if it wasn't for that obstacle. So Overall, Ash was AMAZING!

-(In The Anime) I loved Ash Special Training, every episode, he calls his PkMn out, and does serious training, he develops really stunning strategies and moves. He practices more frequently than any other series I've seen.

-Infernape....Sorry this one is too much of personal. But usually, when I watch a series, one of the pokemons gets me to like it. For example, if it wasn't for Blaziken, I would have hated the Hoenn Saga, but seeing one of my top listed PkMn there encourages me to watch, play, and criticize fairly.
    For me, Infernape is a MUST Pokemon. That Pokemon revolutionized my idea toward the D/P saga. He is so cool and amazing in so many ways. His powers are devastating, not to mention that ubnormally strong Blaze of his. He looks so Unique, My Favorite Starter, Actually, he and Charizard Tie to be my Favorite starters, WAIT, NOT STARTERS, THEY ARE MY FAVORITE POKEMONS OF ALL TIME! Without them PkMn would have been a little bit vain to me. This point is so Subjective, I do see that but I felt like mentioning it.

I believe this is enough, IDK if I wanna add something but I feel relieved I let out my feelings for this very creative Generation. And Yeah....As long as there are sides conflicting, ALL OF THE ABOVE IS AN OPINION.... ;)

Oh, Forgot to mention, favorite Game of that Generation: D/P/Pt. Gotta say though, I only Played Diamond so it might be my favorite, but it isn't since it has a successor...Platinum. I am pretty sure my least favorite is PkMn Pearl since I don't like Palkia as Much as Dialga :/ sorry Palkia fans.....

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
    Gen 2 is my absolute favourite, because I played Pokemon Crystal 24/7 when I was a kid. I like the story, the Pokemon and the fact that there's a lot to do. I love gen 3 with all the new additions and the storyline, but just not as much as gen 2. Gen 1 games have just become annoying to me because I've only played the games to get certain pokemon to my other games, but I still like the Pokemon in them.

Years
    Gen III.
    I like a lot of Hoenn's Pokémon (not saying that I don't like Pokémon from other generations)
    It also had one of the best soundtracks. I played Sapphire more than any other game. Sadly, I can't find my GBA.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2012
    My Favorite would be Gen 3, like double trouble said. That is if you look at the gameplay, the region map, the music. If you look at the pokemon I prefer gen 2. Generation 2's pokemon were like the new and modern pokemons when it was released. and that's still how I see them. Although 3 new gens have been made already, gen 2 still seems like it's new to me. Could be because I only played crystal (once). I just love the designs of those pokemon. Very simple like Kanto's, but also very interesting.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    The first generation! <3

I love most of the generations, but Kanto was awesome~ And heck, the 8-bit music was actually pretty decent.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Generation III

Okay, this generation is a masterpiece; a work of art! Sure, there are many haters but III was my first generation (I'm 10, mind you) and it has a special place in my heart :'). Plus, I don't see why many people hate this generation. Maybe they taped their nostalgia glasses...

/opinion don't kill me pls

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    Generation III

Okay, this generation is a masterpiece; a work of art! Sure, there are many haters but III was my first generation (I'm 10, mind you) and it has a special place in my heart :'). Plus, I don't see why many people hate this generation. Maybe they taped their nostalgia glasses...

/opinion don't kill me pls

I really don't think many people hate it. You might only have read people that hate this, but on the other hand you missed others who admired it. Gen III was revolutionary. I did state I am D/P fanboy but I didn't state something about hating Gen III. No Pokemon game sucks IMO, its only people who might use overpowered negative words to express how prior one generation is to another.

Even if you see ppl claiming Gen III isn't all that good, it doesn't mean they are right. Its just their opinion, weather its logical or wacky...
    I gave reasons why Gen IV is the best for me but you don't see people giving a notice and I don't care since its an opinion and I am happy that I gave reasons, rather than putting those nostalgia glasses....

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    So far, I've enjoyed all Generations. I'd have to say though, Gen II and its remakes <3 amazing.

Back