• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which Johto Starter would you pick in Emerald?

Which Johto starter would you pick in Emerald

• Chikorita

Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 64 48.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 44 33.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    Chikorita definately! It is one of my most favorite pokemon! :)
    It was also my very first pokemon I ever recieved. The first pokemon game I ever played was Silver and I chose Chikorita. :D

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    I'd choose Cyndaquil, because after bug types, fire types are my favourite, and as opposed to Kinarii's post, how could i say no, to a cute little fire echidna!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    I don't know, they are all awesome. Maybe Totodile..., then again Chikorita...Oh, I don't know. I want them all!

Years
    I love Chikorita. Not just for sentimental and nostalgic reasons, but those are a big factor. In the first generation of games, there was one one pure grass type pokemon (Tangela), and finally in the second generation we got a pure grass starter - Chikorita!

I haven't used her since G/S/C, but I think I'll use her in future games via-trading.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
    I would totally pick Cyndaquil
    It's a beast pokemon
    and I always pick the fire starters in all the games
    (except in R/S/E, I pick the Water one)

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    totodile obviously because even though my fav pokemon is charizard, water pokemon are the best and most fun

alexis515148

The shiny pokemon trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2021
    Let me explain: Cyndaquil=ultimate win. In other words, I would pick Cyndaquil.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Cyndaquil. Typhlosion is one of my favorite pokemon and it's pretty strong.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
    Which Johto Starter would you pick in Emerald?

I maybe one of the few who would prefer grass types such as Chikorita. Mainly because Meganium can learn Earthquake. At it's Defensive stats are up too a hundred which can be a quite decent wall. And, I chose Chikorita when I completed the National Dex in Pokemon Emerald Version.

Back