• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which languages do you speak of?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    British English... and that's it. :(

Oh but, I do know a few things of Middle English and Dutch, the latter enough that I'm posting this using a Dutch version of Opera.
    Also, I've forgotten how it goes but I could count in Esperanto...

Zet

Years
    I speak English, I understand and can read some Spanish and I can speak a little Japanese but currently I'll be learning more spanish and japanese and I might learn french and german

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Spanish (mother language) and English. And I can read and understand French and Catalan, but don't ask me to write a single line in those languages XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    ENGLISHHH, top language I`m fluent in. Then I can speak bits of Italian since I learned from my dad`s side & Tagalog babyyy! due to the fact that my mom is from the Philippiness.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I only know three where I can speak proper sentences/speak normally with. Just English, Mandarin and Cantonese the final two being just two different forms of the chinese language. I do understand a little Japanese and Malay. I learn English and Mandarin in school while my parents prefer to speak in Cantonese at home because was our family's spoken language. Japanese and Malay is what I learn from little tidbits I hear every now and again.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I speak a lot of languages... NOT.

I speak:
    - Tagalog
    - English

I can understand some bits of Chinese (Mandarin; Yeah, take it from a guy who goes to a class to watch Chinese movies), Japanese (1, I watch a lot of anime; 2, Sometimes we watch Japanese movies instead Chinese [My classmates can understand it since it has chinese subtitle.]), Spanish (Mainly because Tagalog and Spanish has the some same words, and I watch too much Dora the Explorer.)

I can only speak 2 language, but I can understand A LOT of languages. Well, atleast I think so.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I can speak;
    English
    Italian (Can understand most but still learning to speak)
    Tiny bit of Japanese 'cause I did it for 2 years in Years 5+6.
    And I'd love to learn either Chinese or more Japanese...

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I speak English, mainly, and I'm fluent in Mandarin Chinese. I would love to learn Japanese, but will probably not learn another language as I keep going with Chinese.

Years
    I speak:

1. German (native language)
    2. English (almost fluently, understand anything)
    3. French (kinda good at it, my mom is French)

I also understand Dutch... at least a bit but I can't speak it.

I wanna learn more languages though.

Last edited:

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    I only really fully know English but I can understand some Portuguese(mainly this), Dutch, Swedish, and Italian. And I could only construct a sentence in English, probably.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    I speak english, obviously,
    Hablo espanol (i cant find the tilde on my keyboard) mucho; me gusta la hablo cuando estoy a el casa de amigo. El comprende espanol tambien. (can u tell i speak spanish? XD. I said "i speak spanish a lot, i like to speak it at my friends house. He understands Spanish as well")
    im attempting to learn japanese, but i have a lot of work to do; i cant construct full sentences yet. :(

Saruboy

Closet pokemon fan
    Years
    English, and some Japanese, enough to get around and some conversational... but it's still limited.
    I'd like to learn Thai, Khmer, Tagalog and Hmong.

Back