• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which of the four regions starter do you perfer?

Which of the region's starter to do like better?

• Kanto

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • I don't really know

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Kanto of course because they are the original, and because it's the best game. Probably because I grew up with rby...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Probably Johto. :\ I mean, I like Cyndaquil and love Chikorita. I don't like Totodile, but not verery regions perfect. xD A close second would be Kanto, then Hoenn (Torchic <3) and then Sinnoh (though, Piplup's cute, I dont like Turtwig or Chimchar. :()

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Despite my huge liking for Piplup, I'm gonna say Johto. It's overall a lot better than Sinnoh. Chimchar was a huge letdown for Sinnoh, and I hated their added typings.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I really can't pick a specific region coz I like all the starters. :\
    But I think that I like the hoenn starters a little more than the others. :P

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    Ill just pick sinnoh because im more familiar with its starters than the other regions and I dont really remember anything about the previous starters.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I really like all of the starters a lot but I can knock off Johto off the list because I didn't like Cyndaquil as much as the other starters as well as Chimchar, so it's a major tie between Kanto and Hoenn for me

:t354:TG

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Kanto and Johto, of course I am going to say that as I grew up around these two regions and I don't really like the Hoenn pokemon at all besides Torchick, as it becomes a powerful Blaziken. Sinnoh's were alright, I liked Chimchar. Kanto, I love all three of the origionals, Charmander was my favorite of Kanto and the same goes with Johto, Chikorita being my favorite of that region.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm gonna have ot go with Hoenn on this one. It's the only region where I actually have a hard time choosing my starter because I like all three.

Kanto: like Bulbasuar, hate Charmander (mainly because of Charizard's level of popularity and I'm an anti-conformist), and like Squirtle

Johto: hate Chikorita (too cutesy for my tastes, even when fully evolved), like Cyndaquil, like Totodile

Hoenn: love Treecko, like Torchic, love Mudkipz

Sinnoh: love Turtwig, like Chimchar, hate Piplup (its evolutions are too ugly, despite their worth in the competitive scene)

so, yeah, Hoenn FTW

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I pick Jotho, because I have very found memories of the second region. Cyndaquil (and with it Typhlosion) is one of my favourite (Fire) Pokemon, if Typhlosion isn't still my fav Pokémon. :3
    Chicorita is cute, but I like Bayleef and Meganium more. :3 Totodile was awesome in the Anime, Croconaw and Feraligatr (the latter more than the first) are cool. XD

Then it's gotta be a tie between Hoenn and Kanto.
    I like Charmander (Charmeleon and Charizard) a lot. Charizard is, along with Blaziken and Typhlosion, a very cool Pokemon (odd, cool for Fire Pokemon). And I like Dragons. :3 I also think that Charmander was one of my first Pokémon cards (of the first series 8D I had it in English and Dutch (back when cards were still translated). :0)
    Squirtle is one of those Pokémon I'll never grow bored of. I was a squirtle in Mystery Dungeon, and I refused to evolve into a Blastoise. I like Wartortle way to much. x3 (I guess it's one of the Pokémon I drew in my beginning anime phase)
    As for Bulbasaur, I never cared much about that Pokémon, though I don't hate it. 8O

Now Hoenn, of course I like Hoenn... If I didn't, then why would my previous username have been Mudkipblader? And I couldn't care less about "I herd u like Mudkipz", I liked Mudkip before I heard of it.. >: Swampert's ground type, made it a very good Pokémon, with it's only major weakness being grass.
    Treecko not so much, but Grovyle was awesome. 8D Leaf Blade sounds like such a cool attack. And Sceptile was nice as well, though I prefer Grovyle.
    Torchic is probably one of the cutest starters of them all... And Blaziken, with Combusken, is an awesome Pokemon, and one of my Battle Frontier trio.

As for Sinnoh, no thank you. I didn't like any of the starters, nor their evolutions.
    Piplup and Turtwig were those that I "prefered"...

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
    Mine, without a doubt, is Kanto.

Like most of you, I grew up with the originals, and therefore, they (along with most all the original 151 Pokemon) mean a lot more to me than all the rest. I'm not sure if that's made me biased or if I just really love the original starters a lot more than the other starters, but I'm not really a fan of any of the other starters at all, except for kind of liking Quilava. Unfortunately, I just haven't been impressed with the other starters they've come out with so far.

Of the originals, I really loved Bulbasaur and Charizard a lot. :]

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    In order it is

1. Kanto

2. Johto

3. Sinnoh

4. Hoenn

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I grew up with Johto... my first game was Pokemon Gold, and I loved it immensely, and the starters weren't that bad. So... my favorite region's starters is Hoenn. Surprised? Well, here is why. I love Blaziken and Swampert. Sure, Sceptile is good, but not as much as the other two.

Johto? Well, I love Chikorita, and Cyndaquil is way too overused in the game, but it is a good pokemon. Feraligatr? Well, it isn't bad, but it is behind the other five.

Kanto's starters are my 3rd place, and Sinnoh have the worst... but they're all pretty good.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    sinnoh's. the 3 starters are so cute, and all evolve into such powerful [and still cute] pokemon.
    the johto starters come second.
    then the hoenn starters first.
    then finally the kanto starters last - i don't care for those 3 at all tbh. :| and i grew up with that region.

Last edited:

CalumAJ99

Objection overruled.
    Years
    The Kanto starters by far. They were really unique, because Bulbasaur and Charmander weren't based on any specific animal. Squirtle was pretty cool too.
    I like the Johto starters for the same reason - none of them were based on any animals other than Totodile and its evolutionary line.
    Then, we got to Hoenn, and from then on, all the starters had to be based off specific animals, which REALLY annoyed me.

Years
    I like Sinnoh's starters,all of them are unique in ways but Hoenn comes to a close second because of Mudkip and it's powerful Water-Ground final evolution.

Back