• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen which one do you like better? fire red or leaf green

eureKa^

Veteran
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 9, 2022
    i only have leaf green, so ill say leaf green

i also find that i like the title screen of leaf green more (odd, i know lol)

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2006
    i'm gonna buy one for my girlfriends birthday, and after reading all this I'm not sure which one to get.. UGH.
    Do they both have the same music and all that? Only difference is a few pokemon? I think i'm gonna go with leaf green then :S

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    I'm not sure cos lots of my favs are in fire red an di have leaf green but then i had red when i was little and my bro had blue so i wanted to see what blue was like so i got leaf green

Years
    A hard toss up but the main pokemon that are good i neach one are

Firered: Scyther/Scizor, Electabuzz

Leaf green: Sneasal, Magmar

I like Firered better, but if Scyther was in both I'd probably take leafgreen because green was only game not to reach america. (well it did but became blue version)

ok91170

ok91170
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2007
    I wanted to get fire red but they didn't have it so i got leaf green, so I say leaf green

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Well i have Fire Red but i think that green ma be better because of the exlusive pokemon you can obtain from Johto in Leaf Green such as octilery which is the only pokemon which learns octakzooka through leveling up. I know Fire Red has Growlithe but Leaf Green has Vulpix. I guess you could argue which version is better all day but for me id say Fire Red because i own it. XD

~Kipper~

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't really know the differences between Fire Red and Leaf Green, even though i played both.

...But Red is my favorite color. I say Fire Red is better.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    If only Scyther and Skarmory were in LG :'(

I'm gonna have to go with Leaf Green because I like the exclusives better and Green > Red IMO. (Not that that matters much xD)

dude_dude

Cool dude
    Years
    Wow I just ordered them both as a christmas present to myself. I like the exclusives in LG better but since I'm gonna have both I'll be able to trade with myself. So that won't be a problem. I like FR more though because when I was younger I got red and my brother got Blue. So it's a biasted thing :).

Back