• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which one is better?

Who is better?

• Beautifly

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Dustox

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Neither/Other

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I would say neither. They are equally crappy. Go with Heracross.

BTW - questions like these should be asked in the Simple Questions thread.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    Yea shanecdavis is right, neither is that great. If your really adamant on raising one, though, go with Dustox. It learns a variety of poison moves, and it learns confusion.

Years
    Well, this is more poll like, so I'll add a poll. I'm not entirely sure how you want this question to be answered since it can be answered in many different ways like stat wise, choice wise, etc. So for right now I'll add a poll since it seems like that is what you were asking.

shinycollector

I'm back!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    I will choose dustox trained it with EV and it can learn some good attcks some poison ones its good. So i pick DUSTOX.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Beautifly totally. It's attacks are stronger, looks cuter. It can win more battles IMO and is teh more colourful one of each. Though almost everyone else reackons Dustox, go outside teh crowd and Beautifly is better^^

<3 Nica--Teh Beautifly-ness

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I like Beautifly (because it's cute), but I like Butterfree a lot better.

I agree that there are better bug type Pokemon out there, but you should be free to choose what you like best.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    I still prefer Beautifly-It is cute and Dustox is ugly and Beautifly is more talented than a Dustox

PenguinGengar

um skooz me wut r u doing sir?
    Years
    I personally like Beautifly because it has attacks somewhat smilar to Butterfree, and I've always loved Butterfree's moveset. If you have a really have a hard time choosing, catch another Wurmple (it's not too hard) and get both.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Feb 9, 2007
    neither are good! maybe in the beginning of the games, but you're better off with (what some others have said) heracross or scizor. i cannot think of any other decent bug pkmn at the mo....

Typhoon XV

Servant of Khaine
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    Why are you lot saying Heracross or Scizzor? Where's the love for Pinsir? :(

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
    I think that Beautifly looks a lot more beautiful than Dustox (hence the name of Beautifly). Beautifly has good moves which are quite powerful when used correctly and also is quite good for Pokemon Contests.

But there are stronger Bug Pokemon though ^^

~Mighty_Mightyena99 :t262:

Back