• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which one is the best water Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
No problem. I'll be glad when she gets banned. ^_^ I can't stand people like that; they're so immature if they would get mad over something so silly, like she did.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Yeah, lol. I think that she had some issues.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I personally like Swampert for battling. Electric attacks won't effect it, and it learns several powerful ground-type moves.

But for my favorite? That's hard to choose! I like Gyarados a lot, even it it isn't very... cute. It would still be fun to have one, though. Same with Kyogre! And of course, I like all of the cute ones. Squirtle, Mudkip, Seel, Dewgong, etc.

_fr0z3n_

•-?Ice Beauty?-•
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 25, 2004
Well... my personal favorite is Vaporeon because it's one of the best hazers (IMO) and because it's a cute blue kitty @_@ *huggles Vaporeon* but probably the strongest is Kyogre (Auto Rain Dance, 100% Accuracy Thunder, Great SpAt/SpDef, Calm Mind, etc).

Aggron91

init
Years
Kayleigh said:
Yeah, lol. I think that she had some issues.

Anyways, to get back on topic, I personally like Swampert for battling. Electric attacks won't effect it, and it learns several powerful ground-type moves.

But for my favorite? That's hard to choose! I like Gyarados a lot, even it it isn't very... cute. It would still be fun to have one, though. Same with Kyogre! And of course, I like all of the cute ones. Squirtle, Mudkip, Seel, Dewgong, etc.

ah i just remembered chinouchou and lanturn, they turn elelctrcity in to hp, now thts a gd move

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
kingdra's pretty tight because his only weakness (unless i'm overlooking something) is dragon. he's not too strong and doesn't learn too many attacks, but i love him just the way he is... (a wrinkled up seadra)
and wow... i've never seen anybody that brutal on PC... over on rangerboard that sort of thing happens all the time (no control *sigh*)

Ceo

Years
{dun be rough on a lady man.......can't u guys imagine wat will happen after you break her feelings....have any one check her pro.file?.....nah just joking.....but Kayleigh, dun u think u could say those 'words' in a nice way?.......}
any way.........i like tough water pokemons like Wailord, Kyogre, Blastoise, Gyarados.....Yeah!! >:(

Years
Whoa, I've seen people talk trash, but could you please not use them since you are a moderator? I mean, aren't you supposed to uphold order in the forums?

Anyways, here's my opinion on some Water types:

Kyogre: Besides being a legendary, it really doesn't have any weakpoints. (herego, the cheapness factor)

Swampert: Probably one of the slowest Pok?mon I know. Fair Defense and Sp. Defense, but its Attack and Sp. Attack aren't so impressive. Also takes quadrupal damage from Grass type moves.

Gyarados: Again, not too fast. Pretty hefty Attack and Sp. Attack, but stinks in Defense. Gets fried, literally, by Electric attacks (again, quadruple damage)

Blastoise: Good Defense and Sp. Defense, not so good in everything else. Only learns Normal and Water type moves natrually. Once FR/LG comes out, it'll learn the strongest Water move in the Pok?mon series thus far.

Starmie: My personal favorite Pok?mon. It's among the fastest of Pok?mon, except Electric types. Also has a decent Sp. Attack, therefore I stuck it with four different types of moves: Water, Psychic, Electric, and Ice. Basically has a move that'll effect all Pok?mon, if not Super Effective. Unfortunately, It doesn't have a good HP rating as well as a good defense. But with moves like those, it's hard to lose. (except those cursed Milotics...)

Kingdra: Average in everything, but doesn't excel in anything. Very good speed, but that's about it.

Lanturn: Pretty decent Pok?mon since it can power up both Water and Electric type moves and can absorb Electric moves for HP if it has the right ability. Other than having an impressive max HP, it's other stats are way below average compared to others.

Wailord: I don't like this Pok?mon. It only has a high HP count. That's it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Actually, if you had read any of her posts, you would notice that she was saying far worse things than me. It was not like I was cursing her out or anything, and I wasn't really in the mood to just tell her to, 'Pleeeeease stop! Please!' Sometimes, when you're dealing with people like that, you have to get pretty rude. She deserved everything that was said to her, along with that ban.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2004
Number1:Gyarados(My team has him! I think,he is the best water pokemon!)
Number2:Feraligatr(Very good attack and HP!)
Number3:Golduck(Great! He's in my team!)

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Out of the starters Kamex is probably my favorite, but Numaclaw is also great. The part-Ground element is nice in blocking Electric attacks (though it makes it very vulnerable to Grass).
Out of any Pokemon, Kyogre is best. But non-legendary, there are several good ones like Lapras and Miloclos, for example. But I like Lanturn and Dewgong, as you can see by my sig. Lanturn's Volt Absorb is very handy in eliminating the weakness to Electric attacks.

Pikachu Fan38

Pikachu Rules
Years
That PokePal3000 girl was really weird.The only thing I did to her was to tell
a mod to close a thread she made that was useless.Then she went all crazy.But
back in topic, I really like Squirtle because he is cute but he is not powerful

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
Squirtle is my favortie water type! I love the originals! It's literally cool, and tough, yet adorable. My favorite out of R/S is ...what's the crab's name? I forgot, but the one Ash has.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
dqle said:
Swampert: Probably one of the slowest Pok?mon I know. Fair Defense and Sp. Defense, but its Attack and Sp. Attack aren't so impressive. Also takes quadrupal damage from Grass type moves.

Gyarados: Again, not too fast. Pretty hefty Attack and Sp. Attack, but stinks in Defense. Gets fried, literally, by Electric attacks (again, quadruple damage)

You, err, really need to read up on your stats mate. Gyarados has a terrible Special Attack, average Defence and high Special Defence. Swampert is also far (read: FAR) from the slowest Pokemon around. Or even slow enough to make it into the top 10 snail racers. It also has a high Attack stat. It's far from low.

Kingdra also doesn't excel in Speed. It's his worst stat.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 18, 2005
Out of the ones you have said there, Swamepert happens to be a very useful pokemon, For its Water/ground abilities.
But for me!. ( personally after raising a heared of pokemon )
Would Have to say :
.:Kyogre:.
These powerful beasts are extremmly useful! They have most useful attacks . Like Hydro pump, and sheer cold!. It is a powerful spcl atk ( But alot of people have already said about him )

Though, I find the Vaporeon pokemon to be a powerful beast! Mine being lvl 100 ( on crystal )
Extremmly useful to battle with, and can help alot to!

Golduck's are most useful to! With there Psychic attacks! But, if I were to say..what Is the best...It would probably Be Vaporeon!

the least best , I would say Gyarados! These things are a pain, And horrible to raise..I mean, are they even pokemon?! I find them to be a waste of time, only good for begginers ( i hate them lol ) I was battling a lvl 40 ( I was making note, it was in the wild...so It was weaker ) Against My little Pichu (lvl15 ), And it was one thunderbolt that took it down!..Iim sure there uselfuul to some people..but plainley, not to me!

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
Staryu all the way. It has Electric powers, Psychic, and water, and can use alot of the HM moves in the games i think ^^ =P

Years
Uh, it can use all of the water HM's.

Sorry. I haven't played Pok?mon Stadium 2 recently...

OK, to argue with Swampert. I now remember that it's speed is decent, but definately not fast enough to stop any of the other Pok?mon that can cream it, especially Sceptile. Didn't remember Kindra's stats, other than it outran my Pok?mon .(well, at least Igglybuff and Pichu...)

And are you sure that Gyrados has a high Sp. Defence? I remember Earl's Pok?mon Academy in Pok?mon Stadium 2, where you have to use the Pok?mon with the right items. A level 50 Pikachu with Light Ball against a level 80 Gyrados. It lost in one turn against Thunderbolt. A Gyrados that high of a level should at least survive one attack.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
Well there, it is the most usful pokemon in the game :p

Back