• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which Pokemon have you caught as "Shiney"?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I just caught a shiny Tentacool using a Net Ball. Yayness. *sticks it in a box where it shall forever gather dust*

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    W00000T!! I just caught a shiny Drowzee about 1/2 an hour ago! I named him Apocalypse, I love him soooooooooooo much!! It's gonna take a while before Apocalypse is caught up to Serenity and Orville though, they are at level 33 while Apocalypse is only at level 15 at the moment. ^^
    The sad thing is, whenever I am not looking for a shiny, they seem to pop up all over the place. And when I want to look for one, I never see any! XD

~Kelsey

Last edited:

Kine

Whatev
    Years
    I haven't been able to find one in FR, but the odds were for me in Sapphire, in a sad ironic sort of way.

I came across six shinies total, 2 of which were Zubat and the other 2 Wingull. I don't even like shiny Zubat's color, and of all the Pokemon I had to encounter 2 of them? Wingull wasn't any more spectacular, either.

The other one is a Makuhita, and the last was a Koffing, but I evolved it.

Valmordian

Demigod
    Years
    PsychicStar said:
    I haven't caught a "Shiny" yet.. ^^;; Any suggestions where to go ??

Any where really. The odds of finding a shiny in one place is the same as anywhere else as far as I know.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
    In GSC you had a greater chance of getting a shiny if you bred a shiny. In Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg, you have equal chance no matter what you do.

Actualy, you can see shinys for 100% sure in the Trainer Tower (Lg/Fr). I think there a Shiny Espeon and Seaking somewhrere in there:).

firered_deoxys

the pink one rulez all!!
    Years
    where's the trainer tower? and my friend caught a shiny beayifly and saw a shiny nincada, and my other friend caught a shiney tentacool and I think he evolved it

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    you dont really need to know where the trainer tower is, get on the ferry and it will take you straight there!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The ferry doesn't take you straight to the Trainer's Tower. You have to take it to Seven Island then head north to find it.

FireRed Deoxys, it's true that you have to defeat the Elite Four to reach the Sevii Islands, but you also have to get the Nationl Dex from Prof. Oak by talking to him once you have 60+ recorded Pokemon. If you don't have the National Dex, you can only reach One, Two, and Three Island, none of which contain the Trainer's Tower.

Read the FRLG FAQ or read the Sevii Islands Guide on my site for more information on that stuff.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    demonchaos916 said:
    The ferry doesn't take you straight to the Trainer's Tower. You have to take it to Seven Island then head north to find it.

FireRed Deoxys, it's true that you have to defeat the Elite Four to reach the Sevii Islands, but you also have to get the Nationl Dex from Prof. Oak by talking to him once you have 60+ recorded Pokemon. If you don't have the National Dex, you can only reach One, Two, and Three Island, none of which contain the Trainer's Tower.

Read the FRLG FAQ or read the Sevii Islands Guide on my site for more information on that stuff.

HaHa! my bad, i thought this was the R/S shiney thread
    ok i just levelled up to a level 100 dumb ***

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    ok, can shiny pokemon be different colors of shiny? like, for example, black charizard, blue charizaer, green charizard, and things like that? and i still haven't found a site of place with what every shiny would look like...couldn't it just be calculated? i bet it is a program that takes the original color and changes it, and if that is the case, one could figure out what a shiny would look like if they had the original, unless of course they do change, like the different charizards

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    seraphim said:
    ok, can shiny pokemon be different colors of shiny? like, for example, black charizard, blue charizaer, green charizard, and things like that? and i still haven't found a site of place with what every shiny would look like...couldn't it just be calculated? i bet it is a program that takes the original color and changes it, and if that is the case, one could figure out what a shiny would look like if they had the original, unless of course they do change, like the different charizards
    Nope, it's either a normal color or a shiny. One shiny color only for each Pokemon.

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    well, black charizard is still awesome... anyway, would it be possible to cheat to make an already existing pokemon that you own into a shiny, or do you have to generate a whole new pokemon?

Back