• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which R/S/E Starter?

Which R/S/E Starter do you like most?

• Torchic

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Treeko

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
  • Which R/S/E Starter?

Vote Vote Vote!!!

I voted for Mudkip. Stronger, more defence. And better at the annoying gym... (Tate&Lisa) so I have gotta love this watery dude :)

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
  • I vote Treeko.But only when he is trained properly. If he is given all grass moves, he isnt very good. But Mudkip is good too cuz u ballence out his Water and Ground moves. So Electic dont harm him as much as it could if he was Water. And Torchic is O.K but isnt the best choice. My little bro likes Torchic soooo much and he has a LVL 100 blaziken but I have a lvl 66 Swampert that I have left in my Box for over a year, And I bet I could still kill him. So id say Treeko is the best.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • No Way!! Swampert is completely immune to all electricity and he nails grass with ice beam, electric and fire with water or ground. Then, with another move of your choice, you can nail ANOTHER type!! Mudkip is definately best!!

bluechu

World's Only Blue Pikachu!
    Years
  • i love torchic! XD its so cute! but i do also really like treecko, since i was forced to start with him in my ruby, but i grew fond of him, and my sceptile owns! XD

Sea_Guardian

Shinjitsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu!
    Years
  • I choose Treecko. Treecko evolves into Sceptile a strong grass type pokemon and its moves are also strong.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • i would say Treecko because it has good speed, and good atk/sp.atk. Treecko when it levels up starts to learn some good attacks and when you get Grovyle and Sceptile, it learns some strong attacks like Solarbeam, and i think possibly Aerial Ace.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Competitively, Swampert is the best. there is cursepert, roarpert...lots of different names and sets. Swameprt has tremendous stats for tanking. Grass types, even if you have ice beam, murder the guy. Most grassers are faster and can withstand an ice beam. Ice beam seems to come in handy when mence pops in.

Sceptile is a nice subseeder, but really isn't anything of a great sweeper. It really isn't a good sweeper at all IMO. It doesn't have the power, unless you power it up somehow .

Blaziken is probably the worst. It has a base speed of (lol) 80, so it can't really make use of its awesome attacking stats. When you scarf it, it's okay, but it is still outclassed by infernape. If we're talking 3rd gen, Mence or Nite are better mixed sweeepers, heracross pwns it as a physical sweep, and Zam is a far better special sweeper. It is also weak to EQ and water attacks :/

From a coolness standpoint, that's only personal opinion. I prefer swampert, which is also why I use it on my team :)

EDIT: SuperKyogreRuler, for the record, your logic on swampert is a bit flawed :/ Swampert's goal isn't to cover types, it's to tank, tank, and tank some more. Not to mention counter TTar and other pests. Besides, supereffective (I can't stress this enough) isn't everything.

GrayLuna

Years
  • I vote for Mudkip as well for the same reasons that everyone else said. Swampert is just awesomely strong. ^_^

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • mudkip is good when it evolves into marshtomp and swampert because it can resist electric attacks, but the problem is if marshtomp or swampert get hit by a grass attack, it is ultra effective because water and ground is weak to grass, and the result could possibly be 4x the attack (i dunno exactly)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Yeah it's 4times. I agree with you, Anti Pop(and thanks for the edit! you were right!!).

Eh, at least you didn't flame me, which is a first, since people can't seem to take the fact that I too have an opinion. But thanks.

Still, I've had swamperts survive a max special attack Kingdra's HP Grass.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • Mudkip all the way. I've always liked water type and made it a tradition to start with water type with every new game that comes out.

I was still new to Ruby when I got it and didn't know what it evolved into so I was surprised at how powerful it was.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    I go for Treecko and evolve him to Grovyle, I just find him the most coolest
    Pokémon from Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    I'll pick Torchic because I always pick the fire starter.

fate

PK Awesome
    Years
  • Honestly, I loved all 3 of them. And Sceptile is one of my favorite grass types period.

In terms of use though, Blaziken got replaced by Infernape.

Also, hilariously enough, Swampert didn't help me much against Liza and Tate. Absol was pretty much my trump card against them.

Back