• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] which region is ash best in?

Years
As a trainer/battler Ash is at his best in Sinnoh while as a character Ash showed the most maturity in Kalos.But personally I'd go with AG (Hoenn) Ash because he was the most balanced,he was competent,mature,and at times showed glimpses of his OS self.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm probably alone in this but I do like Hoenn and XYZ Ash. XYZ had great development for him, and I kinda like how creative Hoenn Ash was when he was battling. o: I liked all his frontier battles too.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm probably alone in this but I do like Hoenn and XYZ Ash. XYZ had great development for him, and I kinda like how creative Hoenn Ash was when he was battling. o: I liked all his frontier battles too.

Creative huh? So Hoenn Ash using Thunder Armor against Tate and Liza wasn't a middle finger to us fans watching that?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Aside from that. I?m not gonna let one instance of sloppy writing change my opinions though.

You're free to hold w/e opinion you want. I'm just pointing out the biggest glaring issue with Hoenn Ash is that the writers didn't do him any favors with strategies such as Thunder Armor. Granted, Unova went even lower with him initially using just one Pokemon against Elesa but Sun and Moon writers even beat that and Thunder Armor by going with Electroweb Pikachu to avoid a Z-Move. That my friends is lazy writing right there. A move, that for all intents and purposes is exclusive to Joltik line(Bug/Electric), is given to an Electric Mouse(who can't learn it naturally) with no prior training before-hand by Ash.

Sorry to go on a rant but that Episode still rubs me the wrong way.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
AG Ash's competency is overrated imo. He often made strange tactical decisions back then; aside from Thunder Armor, he also made the ridiculous decision to have Charizard use Seismic Toss against Dusclops even though he should've known from experience that the attack wouldn't work on Ghost-types. His team was also a mess once he ditched Glalie/Torkoal for the sake of Phanpy.

Don't forget that after doing Hoenn League that he faced Agatha at Viridian Gym and used a Normal Type move on her Ghost Type Pokemon. That moment lives in Pokemon infamy if there ever was one(aside from English Dub screwing up Brock's lines with regards to saying Water Types are weak to Fire Types).

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Don't forget that after doing Hoenn League that he faced Agatha at Viridian Gym and used a Normal Type move on her Ghost Type Pokemon. That moment lives in Pokemon infamy if there ever was one(aside from English Dub screwing up Brock's lines with regards to saying Water Types are weak to Fire Types).

But Brock was correct, proven by the Kalos league

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
He makes tactical mistakes in about every season though. I don?t think it?s fair to knock him just based off that alone. What about his characterization and his emotions back then?

Though it depends what this topic means by ?the best ash?; it?s kinda different from ?the strongest ash?.

Back