• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which region would you like the new pokemon game in ???

Years
    I would like to see a remake of gold and silver or make a new game with a new storyline but set in the johto region. But I also like the idea of making a game with all the regions and u get to choose which one you start off at and then continue. through the other regions but you have to start off with a new starter and you get your others taken off you untill the end of the game. Just like skarmory said.

I think they should make a game where you start off in Kanto as anyone of the main characters depending on which one you favor (maybe some new ones) and you get to freely travel through Kanto , Johto , Hoen , Sinnoh , Almia , and Fiorre with a new story line and you get to talk to the rangers and everything and replace contest with ranger badges while still being a trainer. But overall if i had to choose i would pick Johto.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Why does everyone want an old region (or more than one old region)? Am I the only person who would find that incredibly boring playing a new Pokemon game in a region you already know of the back of your hand?

then why did crystal and emerald sell so good????

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    then why did crystal and emerald sell so good????

Because they weren't new games...they were the third installments in the same generation. Crystal was in Johto/Kanto just like Gold and Silver, and Emerald was in Hoenn just like Ruby and Sapphire, because they were the same generation as their respective counterparts.

If we're talking about Platinum here, then it should in Sinnoh (and it WILL be). If we're talking 5th gen, after Platinum, it should be in a new region, or else it would be boring/lame.

superaipom

They do exist...
    Years
    I think I agree with almost everyone here. I would love to see a G/S/C remake. A multi-region game would also be really cool. But I have no clue how they would do that. Combining different games (like Colleseum, Trozei, and Ranger) with the main games would be, in my opinion, extremely hard. But I would still love to see it. (if possible)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I would like gold to be remade, not just johto.
    but if they do remake G/S/C, they better not dumb kanto down again.
    all regions would be great, but only if you got your pokemon "deposited" by the region prof. so you could basically start all over. Hoenn was the worst region of all but that doesn't stop it from being a great one.
    and a new region would be perfectly fine with me also, as long as they don't keep it as cliche as before(three starters, evil team). But i would like some games to be more anime like, such as an official version of naranja, where you get to go to the orange islands.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I'd like to hope for the impossible from Nintendo. I'd love for them to make a game that contains every single Region they have created, up until now, to really, well and truly, make it a full roaming RPG. It'd be awesome to go to every Region they have.

Alas, I know Nintendo will never have that on their games.

@ Daughter of Mew: I personally didn't like the Hoenn Region. Or at least how Nintendo managed it. It had a very narrow-minded set of areas; especially towards the end of the game, where Fire Pokemon training places were near impossible to find; good ones, at least. The place isn't so bad, but the execution just didn't cut it, for me. Sorry to all the Mudkip fans out there, but Hoenn also gave me the first (and currently only) Generation that I disliked the Water type Starter.

Mudkip is a much better starter then the other hoenn starters and shits all over squirtle and totodile

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Because they weren't new games...they were the third installments in the same generation. Crystal was in Johto/Kanto just like Gold and Silver, and Emerald was in Hoenn just like Ruby and Sapphire, because they were the same generation as their respective counterparts.

If we're talking about Platinum here, then it should in Sinnoh (and it WILL be). If we're talking 5th gen, after Platinum, it should be in a new region, or else it would be boring/lame.

You missed the point of my post so let me point it out. The games selling good is proof that people like remakes. I had silver, but yet i went out and bought crystal. I had sapphire but I went and got emerald. People like remakes of good games as long you make it better. That is what we want a better version of g/s/c. With good graphics the new pokemon, and the new attacks. a revamped story would be cool but the old one is good too.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    You missed the point of my post so let me point it out. The games selling good is proof that people like remakes. I had silver, but yet i went out and bought crystal. I had sapphire but I went and got emerald. People like remakes of good games as long you make it better. That is what we want a better version of g/s/c. With good graphics the new pokemon, and the new attacks. a revamped story would be cool but the old one is good too.

Crystal and Emerald (and Yellow) are not remakes, they're just 3rd installments of the same generation, with a few changes.

While it would be cool, it wouldn't be a new generation game. Honestly I'd much much rather play a brand new Pokemon game than a remake of one I've already played and beaten at least 10 times.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    DP is not any LESS challenging than any of them in terms of any of the battles. WAY more challenging in terms of catching the legendaries.

To me the challenge doesn't matter because no pokemon game has ever been particularly difficult. It's the amount of stuff that keeps you playing the game for a long time. And DP had more of that than any other game.

ShortyPokemonFreakSugar

Waiting for Pkmn Heart Gold...
    Years
    For me, it is cool if six Pokemon regions are in one game: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Fiore, and Almia. (Fiore and Almia are from Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Ranger Batonnage) Coz you Can Enjoy The Game Longer With Also longer FUN!

Blaziken_Boy

Back for now
    Years
    Mudkip is a much better starter then the other hoenn starters and shits all over squirtle and totodile

YOU DARE BRING INSULTS TO MY TORCHIC?!?! YOU MUST DIE! *ember ember*

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    dude, you didn't post anything.^^you just quoted...
    (i like
    to^_^"!)

Back