• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which RPG should I get?

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    Xenosaga Ep. 1 or Suikoden IV?

I'd get both but I prefer to only buy one RPG at a time.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Xenosaga, if you are more into sci-fi games.

Even though the mechs become useless near the end, it's still great fun making them hold cool weapons.

_Huggle_Bunny_

~*Im Dead And Im Semi Back*~
    Years
    I Say Suikoden IV...Its A Fun Game...And 5 Is Coming Out So Yea....Ans Tatic Is All Ready Out...

Saga Gets A Lil Old 2 The End.....Suikoden Is Fun All The Time...Even Though It Gets Very HArd Twords The End....Saga gets Easy Twords The End....

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    Stay far far far far far far far far away from Suikoden IV, the game has bad graphics and I can't stand the ship battles and its quite annoying...however I do have problems with Xenosaga...the battles are way too long with uncomfortable pauses in between battles...its give me a headache...try Star Ocean Till the end of time its a fun fun game...I say that cause its a spacy type of game going from world to world...try it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    If you don't like really, really long cutscenes, stay away from Xenosaga. I don't know how they are in Suikoden, but I know in Xenosaga you can be sitting there for half an hour without so much as touching your controller. x_x;

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    I decided to get Xenosaga and I'm at that fight with the Domo Carrier at the Elsa.

EDIT: I'm going to cry if I don't beat this guy soon... :(

_Huggle_Bunny_

~*Im Dead And Im Semi Back*~
    Years
    That Suxs...Exo Is More Like A Movie Then A Game...You Dont Get 2 Play That Much....

And Suikoden Was A Great Game...You Just Didnt Have The Wits 2 Play It...Its ALong Game...Shure The GFX Arnt The Best...But The Story Line Was Great...(better then Exo)and And If You Were Dissipointed By Suikoden...Its Cause You Probly Didnt Play The 3 Be4 It....IMO Suikoden is The Better Of The 2....

ouendan

Video Game Nut
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2006
    Great choice. Really it was a choice between an average game and a bad game. Suikoden 4 is by far the worst Suikoden to date, luckily Suikoden 5 is much better then it. Oh, and make sure you stay far away from Xenosaga Episode 2 as well, worst sequel ever! (Yes Xenosaga Ep.II is even worse then Suikoden 4 :().

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Yeah. It's what you get when the story isn't even written by the same person that wrote the story to Episode I. Only get Episode II if you're looking to see what happens next. Don't expect it to be as good as the first one.

Back