• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which saga or region of the anime did you like the best and why?

Which saga or region of the anime did you like the best and why?

• Kanto

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • Orange Islands

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Johto

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • Kanto Battle Frontier

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Unova

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    My favorite were probably original series.
    I felt there was more comedy,i enjoyed more in character interaction,anime sticked less with games having unpredictable anime exclusive plots not adding so many game characters etc.Fact that we had whole anime only region like OI showes how much writers used to stray away from games from times having liberty to unleash their creativity.
    Group of Ash,Misty and Brock played out very well having good dynamic and charming interaction.From Ashs naivete and stupidity,to Mistys sarcastic remarks and funny moments of anger and caring side acting as push for Ash to be better when doubting in him to Brocks figure of being like older brother to them providing his knowledge and tips in needed situations.
    Great personalities,interesting chemistry and feeling of being like close friends are characteristics which made first group so great in my opinion.Battles were good though not to same level like they were later on(understandable considering animation and writing has changed)and i liked various arcs we had back than(lik st.Anne,Whirl islands,Lugia,Larvitar etc).

AG comes in second place though, with quartet of Ash,May,Max and Brock functioning well liking different kind of dynamic which was present between this characters with Ash becoming more mature becoming ready enough to take on mentor role to May with things changing up,and inclusion of Max served nicely too sharing many things in common with Brock which allowed for good character interaction.I also liked May contest arc having some great rivals(like Drew and Harly)and Jessie deciding to become coordinator was nice and unexpected change of pace.

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Shinou, because I fell in love with Ash's rival and am still in love with him, even more deeper so.

Oh and just so you know, opinions are defined as judgements in most dictionaries. Personal preferences are not opinions so saying phrases like "that's just my opinion" after expressing a favorite is technically incorrect.

This is a thread about what you like best and why, not what you thought was the best.

johnr754

I am JOHN, heck yeah!
    Years
  • Personally Kanto. The reason why is, as most people say, comedic. It didn't have that much CotDs, which made it funny. I only watched some from EP010, but it's still interesting. The CotDs made the show worser, in my opinon. When and why did they switch from comedy to CotD show? I don't know. Anyways, with the original trio (Ash, Misty, Brock), and TRiO, the comedy all together, made the show something to laugh at. When Johto happened, it changed from comedy to CotD show. It, in my opinion, made the show's views drop. It's the reason why Kanto rules.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Sinnoh region, Dawn was an amazing addition plus the Poke's introduced were amazing as well! :']

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Personally Kanto. The reason why is, as most people say, comedic. It didn't have that much CotDs, which made it funny. I only watched some from EP010, but it's still interesting. The CotDs made the show worser, in my opinon. When and why did they switch from comedy to CotD show? I don't know. Anyways, with the original trio (Ash, Misty, Brock), and TRiO, the comedy all together, made the show something to laugh at. When Johto happened, it changed from comedy to CotD show. It, in my opinion, made the show's views drop. It's the reason why Kanto rules.
    Johto had higher veiws up not down or even drop since the show still had comedy,Johto happened for a good reason unlike Hoenn,Kanto and Johto both rules.Those are your opinions,Johto still had comedy in the show,so you are wrong about that.

Sinnoh region, Dawn was an amazing addition plus the Poke's introduced were amazing as well! :']

Dawn was the worst addition to the show and so was May.The Sinnoh region was a terrible step down from pokemon and thank god the Hoenn region wasn't overrated either.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Johto had higher veiws up not down or even drop since the show still had comedy,Johto happened for a good reason unlike Hoenn,Kanto and Johto both rules.Those are your opinions,Johto still had comedy in the show,so you are wrong about that.

Dawn was the worst addition to the show and so was May.The Sinnoh region was a terrible step down from pokemon and thank god the Hoenn region wasn't overrated either.

Do you have proof of the ratings for Johto?
    He is not wrong because his version of comedy can be different from mines and yours
    It's fair to say that all of the regions happened for a good reason, well Hoenn for example, someone can say that it introduced a new form of trainers showing off their Pokemon other than Pokemon Battles and various contest Ash and Co. run into----Pokemon Contest.

In my opinion, I think keeping Misty in the Orange Islands was the worst addition to the show.

:t354:TG

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • I liked The Johto series & the Kanto Battle Frontier series. For Johto it's because it had a great story plot, better quality, & some comedy. For the Knto Battle Frontier series was because ti had all of my favorite characters from the older series (like Squirtle, Charizard, & Bulbasaur). I also liked May as a character (way better than Dawn). So I will say the Kanto Battle Frontier for this one.

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2013
    I remember comming home from school, and watching an episode of pokemon... My favorite, was Pokemon Advanced battle, theme song was great and I just plain loved it.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Do you have proof of the ratings for Johto?
    He is not wrong because his version of comedy can be different from mines and yours
    It's fair to say that all of the regions happened for a good reason, well Hoenn for example, someone can say that it introduced a new form of trainers showing off their Pokemon other than Pokemon Battles and various contest Ash and Co. run into----Pokemon Contest.

In my opinion, I think keeping Misty in the Orange Islands was the worst addition to the show.

:t354:TG

Do he or you have any proof that the ratings were not too good i think not,even if both of you did have proof that still does not mean that you are both right all the time.

He is wrong no matter what you say,but he do have a right to his opinions.

Keeping Misty in the Orange Islands was the best addition to the show,the best move the writers ever made since Misty was more important on the show then May,Max and Dawn.

I do argee that all regions do happen for a good reason.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My favorite were probably original series.
    I felt there was more comedy,i enjoyed more in character interaction,anime sticked less with games having unpredictable anime exclusive plots not adding so many game characters etc.Fact that we had whole anime only region like OI showes how much writers used to stray away from games from times having liberty to unleash their creativity.
    Group of Ash,Misty and Brock played out very well having good dynamic and charming interaction.From Ashs naivete and stupidity,to Mistys sarcastic remarks and funny moments of anger and caring side acting as push for Ash to be better when doubting in him to Brocks figure of being like older brother to them providing his knowledge and tips in needed situations.
    Great personalities,interesting chemistry and feeling of being like close friends are characteristics which made first group so great in my opinion.Battles were good though not to same level like they were later on(understandable considering animation and writing has changed)and i liked various arcs we had back than(lik st.Anne,Whirl islands,Lugia,Larvitar etc).
    We have the same feeling about the first two seasons pokemon.:shocked:
    What I appreciate the first 2 seasons are the character/pokemon interaction .
    Sticked less with games. That is what make Kanto, OI seasons separating from other series.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Kanto and the Orange Islands seasons were really great. Johto was the best addition to the show,the battles did improve a whole lot.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I voted for the Sinnoh region. The reason being is because it's one of my favorite regions and play through game :D Also the anime, since I didn't see or play DP when it came out I'm watching the whole DP series now. The reason why the Sinnoh Region appeals to me is the region itself and then the pokemon evolutions especially Electivire being one of my favorite pokemon :3 dawn for being a really cool character to watch, I like her more than Iris now, and Paul for having most of my favorite sinnoh pokes: Gastrodon,Electivire,Drapion.

Years
  • Kanto and the Orange Islands seasons were really great. Johto was the best addition to the show,the battles did improve a whole lot.
    character & Pokemon interaction -->Kanto and OI
    Battle-->generally, Johto is the best, but my fav. battle is FINAL BATTLE of OI.:cool:
    Shipping-->OI:embarrass

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    We have the same feeling about the first two seasons pokemon.:shocked:
    What I appreciate the first 2 seasons are the character/pokemon interaction .
    Sticked less with games. That is what make Kanto, OI seasons separating from other series.

Agreed,first 2 seasons had different style of writing than future series had providing more humor and certain charm to everything.Something which was never repeated again.

However i included Johto in my post as well because i feel it had more good than bad.
    One of good things was that original trio still felt like family being portrayed as group of friends which knew each other for a long time whole having fun traveling together and exploring new region starting to mature a bit.
    Ash was still naive but he also started to mature not reacting so impulsively to Misty provocations like he used to.Misty liked to tease and provoke being possessive at times over some things but she also became more tolerant,while Brock made sure to keep group in check giving out vibe of older brother while having his outbursts(especially when it comes to girls).
    Improvement of battles,more arcs and little throwbacks to past(like return of Aya,Todd,Duplica or Suzie)was nice plus too.

Although on negative side too many fillers which didn't helped characters or advanced plot in any way,lack of focus on Misty and Bock,Gary becoming non existent and some of Ash Johto pokemon ending up as wasted potential hurt overall enjoyment of that saga as a whole.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Agreed,first 2 seasons had different style of writing than future series had providing more humor and certain charm to everything.Something which was never repeated again.

However i included Johto in my post as well because i feel it had more good than bad.
    One of good things was that original trio still felt like family being portrayed as group of friends which knew each other for a long time whole having fun traveling together and exploring new region starting to mature a bit.
    Ash was still naive but he also started to mature not reacting so impulsively to Misty provocations like he used to.Misty liked to tease and provoke being possessive at times over some things but she also became more tolerant,while Brock made sure to keep group in check giving out vibe of older brother while having his outbursts(especially when it comes to girls).
    Improvement of battles,more arcs and little throwbacks to past(like return of Aya,Todd,Duplica or Suzie)was nice plus too.

Although on negative side too many fillers which didn't helped characters or advanced plot in any way,lack of focus on Misty and Bock,Gary becoming non existent and some of Ash Johto pokemon ending up as wasted potential hurt overall enjoyment of that saga as a whole.

I disargee with you,Ash's Johto pokemon didn't have any of their potential wasted up at all are even hurt anything, a lot of people had enjoyment from this wondeful saga unlike the terrible Hoenn series,Misty and Brock had great focus on them as well as Gary since he still was existent,The fillers weren't too much are even done in a negative way,they were really good.

Johto never had anything bad about it as far as i know,it had a good run unlike the newer sagas that came after it.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Johto or Orange Islands. I really don't care if they were full of fillers, I think the Orange Islands was really a great twist, aka a mini-league while Johto was awesome at introducing Ash to all the new Pokemon. The other seasons didn't really amuse me, though, despite having not watched Unova yet. :x Hoenn was actually kinda nice, especially the first few episodes but after that it got boring imo, oh well!

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Sinnoh because beautiful places and cities. Great Pokémon. And one of the biggest reason is that Dawn is in Sinnoh saga. :)

Last edited:
    Back