• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which set of starts are the best?

The best?

• Kanto

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Johto

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I can't decide.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Kanto/Indigo ~ Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle
    Johto ~ Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile
    Hoenn ~ Treecko/Torchic/Mudkip

I can't decide. Chikorita is my favorite starter however so I guess I would go with Johto. *adding a poll*

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I never trained an RB starter that I didn't do excellently with, but in GS I was never good with the Meganium line, and in RS I only do well with Blaziken...besides, the RB starters have so much sentimental value attached to them. I know I sound like a broken record, but sentimentality weighs heavily in this for me o_o;;

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Charizard is the best in my eyes...... Kanto all the way!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I do like the RB starters the best. Charizard is really cool in terms of looks. Blastoise is good for battles, and Venasaur is great in both categories. The Johto ones seemed too plain, and I don't really like the RuSa ones... I don't know why, I just don't :/

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    im not gonna vote at all cause i like idviduals in the starters.

f!Re

Shige's #1 fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    i voted kanto. the three starters r really cool, esp charizard XD

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    all

I like all of them! They have their good and bad points. I can't choose between any of them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    LOL, toto! I chose the "All of them" choice. I meant to pick the "I can't choose" button, but my mouse slipped and I picked da wrong one. ^^;;
    Anyways, I like all the starters, they are all uber kawaii! ^_^

~Kelsey

Haru!!

I got Firered!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2004
    I love all the starters,there is nort one yet that has disappointed me.

Years
    Kanto. What can be better than the original? They were the ones to start it, and they'll always be the ones that we'll look at with respect, because we fear them. I mean, everytime I fight on my games, if I verse one of the three starters, I feel honored. and bulbasaur, wartortle, and charizard are some of my favourites!

:mew: m.m.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    fire - charizard
    grass - sceptile
    water - blastoise

ok i know they arent a set, but thats my fave of each
    just to contradict myself i chose the originals
    cant beat the originals, classics are always the best (hence the word class built in)

Casey

~*Cheeky Girl*~
    Years
    Look, I was so busy yesterday and I didn`t pick starters =/

I like Chikorita (she is da bomb) Torchic, Mudkip and Charmander.

Chikorita is my favorite starter from all.
    Torchic is sweet but only when is little. I don`t like his evolutions.
    Mudkip- I have never taken him because I don`t like evolutions and his natural attacks are bad. He learns only one, water type attack. But I like Mudkip.
    Charmander, I like him and his evolutions. Charizard is da bomb.

I think, 1st set looks more natural. Bulba, Squirtle- little turtle and Charmander. Their evolutions are nice for eyes and have nice movesets.
    Second set. Well, I don`t like Cyndaquil and Totodile. Their first form look bad. Later Quilava and Typhlosion are nice for eyes, but Cronocraw and Fer. are not. Chikorita is the most beautiful starter. Also, her evolutions are pretty also.
    Later 3rd set. Torchic and Mudkip are very nice for my eyes but their evolutions look bad! Treecko doesn`t look good, but later his evolutions are not so horrible.
    I will go for 2nd set then: Johto.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i didnt realise pokemon was a big fashion parade in which the best looking wins places in peoples teams, i never did understand this whole (if it looks cute then it goes in my team method). i take it you dont battle competitively with your friends? because unevolved versions of pokemon could put you a great disadvantage.

got that off my chest

Cyclops

Lugia Master
    Years
    I have always preferred the Kanto starters over all others, because they never let me down, they are all good battlers, and I grew up with them, not Johto or Hoenn. If I were to have a choice between the three sets of starters right now, there would be no contest! Kanto hands down! Plus, Charizard is my all time fave...

Back