• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2022
    I started SS with Totodile and I traded with a friend to get Chikorita. I just got HG and I started with Cyndaquil so now I have all 3 starters :).

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    I got all 3
    but my favorite is definetly Cyndaquil because he becomes Typhlosion and i beat the whole game including frist pokemon league with just him

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    Ah the starter Pokemon. Always a choice I hate making in each game as I like them all.

For gold, it's quite simple as to my reasoning. Despite being arguably one of the easier starters to choose, Cyndaquil was also my first choice back when I had a japanese copy of Gold a long time ago, as well as the starter I went with when I eventually got the english version. And so now with Heart Gold, the decision was quite simple to pick Cyndaquil once again, mostly for the reminiscent memories :D

Although, sadly I will be replacing him with Entei from the shiny beast event.

Years
  • my starter Pokemon is cyndaquil but whenever I see all the poke-balls at the beginning of the game I really want to choose totodile!:laugh:

MasterΩMind

ΩSurrender your willΩ
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    I hate them. It's impossible to choose between them so they always make me start again about 15 times before I think "No, this is the best one." In every game. But the first one I chose was Totodile. He looked somewhat like an evil minion in Crocodile form.

Lynnth

Trollbat
    Years
  • I chose a cyndaquil in SoulSilver, who then went on to be my first legitimate level 100 pokemon as a typhlosion. In HeartGold I chose a chikorita, because in the original Gold, Silver and Crystal I always went with cyndaquil and totodile, and I decided that I would like to go hard mode and pick up a chikorita instead.

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I owned Gold, Silver and Crystal, and played it with Cindaquil, Chikorita and Totodile, respectively.

For Soulsilver, I'll do a Monotype Challenge Ground, so I won't use any of them ^^

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    cyndaquil, as totodile don't seem to have very good moves and chikorita is uhhh worse?
    so i picked cyndaquil and i used a lapras for my water type

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
  • I started with a Totodile. This was before I found out that Meganium is the best final evolution-staged Pokémon out of the three. My Feraligatr was nice, yes, but the max attack and defense Charmander I got for it was quite the better fit for me. I ended up getting all of the Johto starters anyways.​

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I'm surprised I haven't posting in this thread.

I started off with Chikorita as I knew it would provide me with the biggest challenge. There was no other reason for choosing it. =\

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
  • I'm surprised I haven't posting in this thread.

I started off with Chikorita as I knew it would provide me with the biggest challenge. There was no other reason for choosing it. =\

Lucky you. You chose the best choice.
    I personally don't care for the Johto starters, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Chikorita.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back