• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Elise

ニャーニャー
Years
  • I've always liked trading in all the starters :3 it makes me happy to raise them all..

But if I had to choose one I'd probably go for Oshawott (sp? :\)

Years
  • I've pre-ordered the game and should be getting it on Friday but up until this point I still don't know who I'm going to pick! :/

It's between Snivy and Oshawott. My reasons being first that I just kind of like the look of Snivy, but when it comes to the starters I kind of have a loyalty to water pokemon because my first ever pokemon was Squirtle :')

I would like to have a playthrough where I'm forced to use all three and then have three spaces for other pokemon but to be honest I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up picking Oshawott, the final evolution does look pretty awesome after all :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    I am a fire pokemon loyalist... but I really don't like Tepig or the Oswalt, so I'm getting Snivy and naming him Smugleaf. I feel like a traitor and honestly I'm not all that big into grass pokemon except maybe Roserade but I'm going to do something different this game and see how it goes.

WolfAlchemist

Royal Guard
    Years
  • Snivy for White & Oshawott for Black. Although I'm a big fan of fire Pokemon, Tepig honestly doesn't appeal to me. To make matters worse, it becomes a fire/fightning type...again. Snivy's final evolution looks pretty cool along with Oshawott's.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Honestly, torn between 3 of them, and I'm getting the game on Friday still undecided, going more to Tepig but then maybe Oshawott or Snivy!

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    I just decided that I'll get all 3 but I'll just get all 3 inevitable games.. we all know there's going to be a Pokemon Gray.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • I started off with Oshawott and, now fully evolved at level 66, he's proved his worth and think he's a fantastic starter. I also had a female Snivy traded to me and taught it attract, she's now a level 61 Janovy (can't remember english name) and i don't plan to evolve her, she does pretty well on her own. I'm gonna start with Snivy when i get english white and train it all the way and evolve it, think she's the best starter, then followed by Oshawott =] Tepig i would start but i hate the evolved forms of it so i decided to pass =/

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • I just started a game tradition. So I get my starter and then trade another pokemon away for the Volt Tackle Pichu I bred. Then I will have a almost carbon copy of Ash's Pikachu and Snivy or Tepig. I might get Tepig because the polls look like Snivy is quite popular so if lots of people get Snivy, I'll get Tepig and destroy them all.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I've decided to go with Oshawott. I prefer Snivy and its evolutions overall but I chose Turtwig in my last game and I never really had a water-type as my main starter through a playthrough. Anyway, I think Dewott looks awesome so I won't really mind. I'm not too big on the third stage so I don't think I'll be evolving it fully.

Years
  • I chose Snivy as I rarely pick a grass starter and so I figured it's time for a change.
    Also he's cute as hell :D
    But I will get all of them later via trading, obviously.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Well after a lot of deliberation I have decided to go for Snivy. When the starters were first revealed I instantly knew that was the one I wanted, of course since then I have found out that its stats and move pool aren't great, but it will do until I can trade over my team from HG.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    Definitely Tepig. Looks legit, has great stats, and has a ridiculously good moveset.

Flare Blitz
    Head Smash
    Earthquake
    Superpower
    Wild Charge

Any combo of 4 of those moves = win

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I'll take Snivy which is exceptional for me because I never picked the grass Pokemon as a starter. I always felt that grass Pokemon were weaker even though they're not :P. Snivy is the only starter from BW of which I like the design. I found Oshawott and Tepig really ugly, even though Oshawott's personality in the anime changed my mind a bit...

Back