• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which starter do u hate the most and why

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Treecko.

It evolves into the ugliest Pokemon out there. The anime ruined Sceptile for me. I always used to pick it in Emerald until I saw it in the anime. It really looks like a big, fat, retarded alien. Not to mention I can't stand the whiny voice the dub actors gave it.

However, if I have to pick a non-evolved starter I dislike it would be Chimchar. The japanese version of the anime does it justice. The dub version is terrible. It's cry in the games is annoying, and come on, it has fire coming out of its butt.

skrull

Clonning Overlord
    Years
    Treco. because unlike the other two starters he doesn't get a dual tip and one of hisbest moves (leafblade) isn't larned until he is at a high level. Treco = fail

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    my faves:squirtle charmander bulbasaur tododile MUDKIP torchic piplup
    my hatreds: chikorita cyndaquil treeko turd-wig (im not even gonna say it) and chimchar.

Whats the point with chikorita?

The point of Chikorita is to be the best starter except for Charmander.

I hate Bulbasaur. It's the worst and ugliest grass starter, along with its evo's.

SuperBob

Professor Bob
    Years
    All starters are good in my opinon. I personally like different pokemon in different pokemon games depending on the game.

For instance, In Pokemob D/P, I choose Chimchar because theres lack of fire types. So yeah.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Hate blastoise, always have. It's seemingly useless when you use it (non-ev'd) yet when others use it (non-ev'd) it's a pain in the a** to beat. All blastoise sprites (particularly FRLG) IMO are super fugly, and the idea of a blue turtle with giant cannons to support doesn't suit me very well. on top of that, green (girl from the US manga, not gary from JP) uses blastoise and she's always annoyed me.

Like someone else, mudkip was killed after the whole "I heard you like Mudkip" deal. (except written way more annoyingly)

"So... I HeRd U LyK MUDkIPz!111!1"

Seriously, where did that ever come from and why did it become popular.

(LMFAO at dark_giratina's first line of signature: "It took Jesus 3 days to respawn, talk about lag!!!")

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I agree with Charizard; the Johto starters were done horribly. Feraligatr was the only one who was even relatively useful.

I also hate Torchic and Piplup because Blaiken looks just stupid, and Dawn's Piplup annoys the living piss out of me. >:|

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Chimchar, we were friggin' fine with Blaziken.

I would say Piplup, but at least the Water/Steel dual element is novel enough.

Seriously, what the hell was Nintendo trying to do with the Sinnoh starters? Increase their little scene kid fanbase? Could they REALLY think of nothing better than a turtle, a penguin, and a ****ing monkey?!?! D:<

Jesus friggin' christ.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Chimchar, we were friggin' fine with Blaziken.

I would say Piplup, but at least the Water/Steel dual element is novel enough.

Seriously, what the hell was Nintendo trying to do with the Sinnoh starters? Increase their little scene kid fanbase? Could they REALLY think of nothing better than a turtle, a penguin, and a ****ing monkey?!?! D:<

Jesus friggin' christ.

It seems like they were trying to improve their child fanbase with almost all of the DPPt pokemon. Ugh.

Pokemon like..Beedrill, Nidoking, Arcanine, Cloyster, Pinsir, Gyarados, and Kabutops (for example). They were big, and looked mean.

Unfortunately..they've been replaced by a squirrel, a cherry, a bunny, and flaming monkeys. Argh.

Not trying to go off topic, I still dislike Treecko the most out of all the starters. However..I do like Grovlye! I hate Sceptile!

Last edited:

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    It seems like they were trying to improve their child fanbase with almost all of the DPPt pokemon. Ugh.

Pokemon like..Beedrill, Nidoking, Arcanine, Cloyster, Pinsir, Gyarados, and Kabutops (for example). They were big, and looked mean.

Unfortunately..they've been replaced by an electric squirrel, a cherry, a bunny, and flaming monkeys. Argh.

Not trying to go off topic, I still dislike Treecko the most out of all the starters. However..I do like Grovlye! I hate Sceptile!

I've always been neutral to Treecko's whole line, though I'm beginning to like Sceptile... a little.

Oh, and your avatar is freaking sweet.

MLU

Returning Tradesman
    Years
    I hate Chikorita.

It is the underdog, it is useless, and does not perform well..

'Nuff said.

MLU

Returning Tradesman
    Years
    Lol, same. I only picked Totodile and Cyndaquil. On SS, I'm going to pick Cyndaquil.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    I really don't like Treecko all that much, and I despise Piplup. Like someone said, we already have a penguin. "OMG I herd you liek mudkipz"

Last edited:
    Back