• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which starter do u hate the most and why

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Chikorite and Chimchar...their final evolutions are the two in which I see myself using the least.

Meganium looks stupid and dumb and is by far the least intimidatingly badass looking starter pokemon.

I don't even know where to start with Infernape. I loved the idea of a monkeylike starter pokemon, but when I saw this thing's design, I died on the inside...

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    The first Gen Starters where beast

I would have to say though Chikorita, Treecko and Turtwig are my least favorite starter pokemon

feraligator97

Gym Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2009
    turtwig and grotle, torterra is just badass but turtwig and grotle whenever i got a turtwig i named it turdy until a torterra and then changed the name to badass

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Actually, the worst thing about Chimchar's family isn't their crappy design or their completely unoriginal typing, but because of how scarce fire-types are in D/P, you're forced to either use them or the mediocrity of Rapidash if you want a fire-type. >_>

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
    Hmm...I don't particularly hate any of the starters, but I have to say that I don't really care for Chimchar.

I used to always choose the fire type starter before the 4th gen was released, but when I heard that the fire type was going to be a silly fire-fighting type monkey, I decided I'd have to go with Turtwig instead....0.0

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    Well i wud have to sy that i hate piplup i mean i have never picked it but my m8 did and he said that it is so useless ye u can use it in the odd gym but there is nothing to use it in on the league and after that well it just sits in ur party untill u get it to lvl 100.

and on a added note im just happy only like 2 people dont like totodile

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
    Chimchar, it's like a Blaziken family copy (how about a fire/steel type)

Piplup, is annoying but its Water/Steel element makes it at least usefull.

man, why can't they give us cool looking pokemon and new dual types? is that all to mutch to ask? and where the hell is the pure flying type?

and totodile's last evo is awsome!

ShinyClefairy

Sparkly~
    Years
    Torchic line. Just never liked them for some odd reason o.o.
    I love every other starter though at first it was hard for me to like chimchar but i warmed up to him. :}

Years
    Charizard, hands down. I mean, sure, Charmander and Charmeleon are okay but how are earth did a LIZARD grow WINGS?! I'm sure they could've made it Fire/Dragon type if they wanted a dragon so badly...
    I don't care for the Chimchar line either. You're forced to use it if you want a fire type in your team though. Thank goodness for Trading.

Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    I don't like Chimchar at all. First of all because I don't like monkey's at all. And second of all we already have a fire/fighting starter!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a copy of the Torchic line!!!!!!! :(

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I'm gonna list the pros and cons I fell these Pokemon have

Bulbasaur
    Pros: One of the original 150 and first in the pokedex, his stats are fairly alright.....not really
    Cons: No good STAB attacks, you have solar beam but you have to charge that up and its main game was GenI so no sunny day

Charmander
    Pros: He turns into a dragon, nice move set.....okay average move set
    Cons: Charizard does seem all cool but honestly his stats don't go well with his moves

Squirtle
    Pros: He's a turtle that squirts water, he's fairly nice if you give him the right moves and his hydro pump is really good for defense in the anime
    Cons: You can't use Hyrdro Pump up close if you're a Blastoise, your teeth aren't sharp so I don't see how your bite is going to help

Chikorita
    Pros: OMG razor leaf at lvl 8, that's nice and reflect and light screen nice defense there
    Cons: Same with Bulbasaur no good STAB attacks unless you had the NYPC stuff to get Petal Dance

Cyndaquil
    Pros: Good sweeper, can learn Eruption and Thunder Punch, evolves at lvl 14
    Cons: Takes too long to learn Flamethrower, not the best defense or offense

Totodile
    Pros: Nice base attack, much more improved in GenIV thanks to the physical and special stuff
    Cons: Feraligatr's back sprite shows its ass, we don't see that

Treecko
    Pros: Plenty of STAB attacks, all the drain attacks, leaf blade, good sweeper
    Cons: Its evolved forms don't learn the drain attacks and Sceptile's mouth looks weird

Torchic
    Pros: Fire and Fighting, nice design, removed rock weakness, high attack and special attack
    Cons: Blaziken sounds too angry in the anime, defense sucks

Swampert
    Pros: Water and Ground sounds nice, no more electric weakness, waterfall good
    Cons: 4x weak to grass, big and slow

Turtwig
    Pros: Grass and Ground woot woot, good tank... not really, nice STAB moves, earthquake at lvl 32
    Cons: Something's up with its base stats, 109 attack and 56 speed, WTH is up with the tree sticking out

Chimchar
    Pros: Nice speed, attack and s.atack, but still out classed in attack and s.attack by Blaziken
    Cons: Major copy of Blaziken, what's it doing to its ass, crap Hp and defense

Piplup
    Pros: Cute little guy, penguins rule
    Cons: Don't like its dual typing(not sure about everyone else), evolutions are ugly

So in the end I think I'll go with Torterra/Turtwig I don't want a pokemon with a tree sticking out on its back side

Years
    I don't really hate any of them...
    Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle - what's NOT to like? original starters here, people
    Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totadile - Johto was one of the best series of new pokemon in my opinion...I don't get why everybody doesn't like Chikorita! it's one of my favorite!
    Torchic/Treeko/Mudkip - I kind of like these guys too...besides all of the "i heard you like mudkips" stuff, no problems for me
    Piplup/Chimchar/Turtwig - I LOVE Piplup. I even kept my Piplup from evolving (until I needed a Pokemon besides Bibarel that could learn rock climb) Turtwig's okay too. Chimchar...well I guess it's my least favorite. I'm not digging the whole firemonkey thing...

Back