• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

which starter do u hate the most and why

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    This is actually quite a hard question to answer.I hate chimchar a lot mostly because they just tried to make a monkey version of Torchic. But I think I hate chikorita more than any other one because not only are its stats terrible.But because it looks so stupid once it evolves.

Years
    Kanto starters=all equal awesome. No complaints.
    Johto starters=all are cute. Chikorita is CUTE! How can anyone hate it? Meganium can learn OUTRAGE from the move tutor in Platinum. It can also learn Ancient Power, Seed Bomb, Synthesis, Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Iron Tail. It's a great Pokemon if you know how to use it properly. However, I'm not too fond of Croconaw, but it has grown on me.
    Hoenn starters=Torchic looks like a chicken. Never really expected a chicken to blow flames out of its mouth. It really is a "Fried Chicken." Lol I didn't really like it in RSE, but it's cuter in Dppt. They're all cuter in Dppt than in their game.
    Sinnoh starters=I like them all, but my least favorite is Turtwig. Its evos are cool, but Turtwig is meh...I just like the other grass starters better.

I don't hate any. If anything, the one I like least is Pikachu. Sure, it was super cute in Yellow version, but it hasn't been as cute in recent games. Though, Platinum's sprite of Pikachu is better than the one for D/P.

Don't forget that Pikachu and Eevee are also starters! XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2009
    I don't really hate any of them, but Mudkip annoys me a bit because of the "I herd u leik mudkipz" thing.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...I haven't considered this in a while but... I think Treecko finally has a match. o_O I think I dislike both it and Chimchar equally. I think they're both ugly. XD; Treecko, at least, has a cool evolution like Grovyle. But then, it ruins it when it evolves into its hideous third evo. ;;

Dawn's Piplup in the anime makes me hate it though. :( Which sucks because it's the only starter in DPP I actually like.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Chikorirta it is ugly and dumb and evolves into something ugly and dumb and ugly and dumb

You like to say ugly and dumb, dont you? xD

On the other hand, I liked the Johto starters (Totodile, not so much), especially Chikorita and Meanium :3 (Bayleef was alright :\) Hmmm, never really liked Chimchar. Infernape looks pretty bad and Monferno is pretty mediocre (and annoying because my it's like my brother best pokemon xD). Turtwig wasn't that bad, although grotle was pretty ugly.

So yeah, Chimchr for me. :(

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    I like Piplup and Empoleon, but I despise Prinplup.

Also, bunch of ******* in this thread, Infernape is beastly.

Lol at the fact you all take offence to that.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape have the worst designs in the game. That alone makes me dislike the monkey's evolutionary line.

Their Surugomi art made me hate them more.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    Totodile and evos!
    A water poke family that has a much higher attack score than Spe Attack score??? wat water moves are physical besides waterfall???none...no STAB bonus from other physical moves, just a waste of a water poke...

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    piplup...

it shouldn't even be a starter since it should be an ice/steel (how the **** is piplup not an ice pokemon??? o.O)
    and it's super retarded in the anime *bleh*

besides piplup, i also dislike the torchic line (except for blaziken, that guy's badass *o*), and i really don't like Sceptile :D (even though i love the first two forms)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Turtwig is a big fart of stupid. Yes. He's a fart of stupid. For one thing, Turtwig already looks stupid, but then it turns into a hunchback dumb butt. Do you caption Pokemon on their official art? If I could give Grotle a caption, it's "durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr." Torterra? Good Lord. The thing has a tree on its back. Ever heard the saying "I'm carrying the world on my shoulders" or something like that? That's just Torterra.

Chimchar and its family aren't any better. Was it really necessary to have the Fire/Fighting dual type starter again? No, not really, but that's what we got. I won't even waste my breath on them, though. You can gather all that for yourself.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    I like Piplup and Empoleon, but I despise Prinplup.

Also, bunch of faggots in this thread, Infernape is beastly.

I've used Torterra and Infernape. Torterra would easily slaughter Infernape. It doesn't even need earthquake.

Also, why would anyone hate Torterra because of the tree? If anything, it shows how powerful it is by carrying a fricking tree on its back. Plus none of the stages look retarded in any way.

Back