• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Starter do you choose in G/S/C?

Which Starter do you choose in G/S/C

• Total voters
Years
I feel that my answer will be completely unoriginal, but I've always chosen Cyndaquil. He was my first choice the first time, and always will be.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
I regard all pokemon very highly, whether they look good or whether they're strong, but this thread said "Starter", so my answer is Totodile, making my opinion clear regarding Feraligator's worth in the end of the game and Croconaw in the middle. The Aquatic Gator has a considerable offence, both magically and physically, the starter version is oh-so cute. (Feel free to disagree.)

Disclaimer: For those who have played both the original Gold/Silver AND HeartGold/SoulSilver, you'll know that the plot doesn't change that much, but the game improves by so much, am I right? (For those who don't know about HeartGold/SoulSilver, we'll respect you by not discussing it in depth in this thread.)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I chose Totodile for a reason I cannot remember haha. What I do remember though, is that it proved to be a beast on my team. Being a noob, I taught it cut and it still proved unstoppable when it came to the Elite Four. XD

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
Years
Cyndaquil for three reasons:

• It's cute.
  • It is the perfrect choice for begginers like me.
  • It's last evolution is more cooler than the other starter's.

I think i'm gonna choose the rest in my next gameplays and see what i can do :P

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
Cyndaquil is always my starter of choice in the Johto series games, give Typhlosion Flamethrower, Shadow Claw, Earthquake and Hidden Power, and it becomes an unstoppable force! (except that one time when SoulSilver came up with a Shiny Totodile on release date...)

Outlier

I was always so indecisive when choosing one of the second gen starters. Usually I have a favorite starter from each generation but I truly love all of the Johto starters and their evolved forms equally.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I usually choose Cyndaquil on my Crystal because Typhlosion is awesome! Sometimes, I'll pick Totodile instead for a good Water type. I almost never pick Chikorita. In my Gold and Silver games, I pick the two starters I didn't choose in Crystal. It helps to get one hundred and fifty Pokemon to withdraw from Stadium 2 if I pick my favorite in Crystal and the other two in my other Gen II games.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 6, 2017
Totodile! I've always picked Totodile, and I always will. It holds a special place in my heart, mainly because of nostalgia. Haha.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I picked totodile way back when. It looked really cool and now it is one of my most reliable pokemon I have ever owned.

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
Years
I chose Cyndaquil, cause i has to have mah fire pokemon starter. Cause i have that fire!! XD No seriously though i picked it mainly cause it's based on attack damage. And i just love to destroy everything in my path.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
I first chose Totodile, but now I played the games like 5 times and I mostly pick Cyndaquil because Sprout Tower.

PMG

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I went with Cyndaquil, the cute little bugger. Then he evolved and just got more and more awesome, until Typhlosion became my first lvl. 100 starter, being pretty much the main reason I could beat Red when I was a kid.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 28, 2018
I picked Chikorita. I don't know why. I've always been attracted to the grass type.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Cyndaquil, because fire types are the best and will help you in every gym of johto.

Back