• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter to choose?

Which Starter?

• Chikorita

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Totodile

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I love all the johto starters, what are your experiences with using them - good and bad, and which one would you recommend and why?

Thanks Guys

Daryl.

p.s I defintely have no favourite, i love all equally, really.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Depends honestly, Cyndaquils the favorite of most, I thought it was kinda weak, my personal favorite is Totodile family.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    This really should have been asked in the Q&A. Request sent to be closed/moved.

But...personally, I've always had great luck with Chikorita. They say it's the hardest, but I seem to work best with it. Not sure why...

Last edited:

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    Meganium is a little tedious to train.
    Typhlosion is a little speedy Gonzales
    Feraligatr packs a big punch.

I've used all of them multiple times, and none is harder than another, although imo choosing Cyndaquil is a bit of a cheat sheet through the game since it fares so well with the Johto gyms, and by Kanto you have other heavy hitters on your team to take care of Misty and friends.

If you want something different, go with Meganium, if you want something powerful, go with Feraligatr, otherwise.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    Thanks for ur opinion bud.

Can I just say too though most the threads posted within the HG/SS section are question and answer based, and they haven't been closed, plus i'm asking about experiences with the starters too, i'd say personally i'd be unfair to close tbh.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I personally like Cyndaquil +evos, but like you said, it's all your choice.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Team Help threads/what should I choose? threads aren't allowed, sorry, and really all are fine, it's up to you.

Anyways, thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back