• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which trainer did you have the most trouble with?

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    @ezio: font I had to highlight because of the PC theme I'm on. XD;

Anyways, my hardest would definitely have to be Lance second time. Stupid him and his Garchomp. ;^; I didn't want to lose and go all the way back, so I restarted a few times before I finally took the darned thing down without my Feraligatr died (as it hasn't died with me saving at all yet) and defeated him.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Lt. Surge.

Lyra happily arrives in Vermilion City, enjoying the nice, calm music. Then she enters the gym. She battles all the trainers, then she goes out to heal and comes back. She finally gets the switch thing right and is able to battle Lt. Surge.

However, she did not except his first pokemon to be a level 51 Raichu with Thunder Wave and Double Team.
    Just that one pokemon alone pretty much spelled GG for her, but she fought and fought until all his pokemon were down.

Lyra is now training in the Pokemon league, which she is sweeping KINDA easily.. except she's having some problems with Bruno. >_<

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2010
    the elite 4

the first time i tried i failed miserabley becauise my pokes wernt tough enough

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    hmmm probably lance!
    i was stupid and wanted to beat the elete four on my first try...
    so all of my pokemon were in their lower 40's and one was still lv 39...
    it took me FOREVER to do it! i had to save in front of him and keep doing it over and over and over again!
    but eventually i had a super strategy worked up and i beat the sucka up! :D

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    In my current playthrough, there's really only been Morty and Gengar. His shadow ball was raping my team until I switched in Vileplume to send it to sleep and then I switched in Cranidos to finish it off with "pursuit".

masterlink

bring it on!
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    mine was with chuck damn poliwrath i was going for a solo typhlosion i managed through! after alot of deaths

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    None so far actually. Maybe Bugsy, his damn syther actually knocked out my pidgeotto and the use of the super potion was annoying(and he had sent it out FIRST, eff you man! Not that his other two pokemon can be considered a REAL battle :P). Thankfully I had flaffy as a backup bug zapper and she did it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    My hardest battle was with Morty because he kept KOing my strongest Pokemon. >.>
    But my Togepi ended up killing Gengar. It was awesome.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • So far, Lance. I ended up with only Feraligatr still alive, 11HP left, 2PP on Ice Fang, Paralysed and his final Dragonite with only enough HP left that an Ice Fang would defeat it.

I check my bag. No revives left. No Hyper potions left. I look at my PP. I sigh. I take a deep breath. I pick Ice Fang.

By the way, did I mention that my Feraligatr had a Quick Claw? Yeah, that came into effect, he managed to bypass the effects of Paraysis and get one final Ice Fang on that bad boy and lead me to victory!

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    HeartGold: Bugsy!!! I chose Chikorita, so it was a pretty rough battle... But I managed to defeat him with... my Golbat I think.

SoulSilver: LANCE! Most definitely! It only took me two tries, but it was a serious challenge!!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Lance was the thoughest trainer of them all for me :O Still, I managed to defeat him without restarting the game, thanks to some revives :'P
    All of his pokemon were hard to defeat, especially the Aerodactyl. But I was glad that he was such a hard challenge, makes the victory even more sweet =)

Years
  • So far, I'd have to say the double-battle against Lance and Clair with the rival. My team is rather under-leveled, so I was mostly relying on my rival to actually damage them while I used mostly stats-reducing moves. xD; So embarrassing...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Merging the thread here with one we already have going to talk about one's toughest battle against any trainer, Gym Leader, Elite Member, etc. Seems decent enough to just merge rather than close with the considerate activity it has had so far.

I think my toughest battle to date would be against the Kimono Girls. Challenging each of them without breaks like before made the battle all the more difficult. They ended up bringing me to my last Pokémon with a type disadvantage, so I thought I had lost it all. Luckily, I pulled it through with a strong enough Ice Shard to take down Vaporeon at the end and won the battle.

cheychey41

Trainer in training
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    Karen from the Elite 4! Her houndoom was wicked tough to beat! Lance and Claire wer also trickey to beat

Back