• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which trainer did you have the most trouble with?

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    From how far I am in the game so far (currently have 8 badges, at Whirl Islands for Lugia.)

I would have to say Morty, he's Gengar's shadowball is rather lethal! :P

Trope

Protéger just au matin~Féerie!
    Years
  • I'm still preparing for Lance... Me thinks I'm gonna prepare some more. ;>>

The hardest trainer for me was Claire, as I was severely underleveled and didn't carry any potions, and she kept on healing her Dragonairs. ;_; Took me quite a bit of strategy to wipe her out.

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
    Years
  • Obviously, that would be Red. The only pokemon I could use on him were ubers, being my highest level pokemon. Groudon was at level 73, and Li'l Paco (Giratina) was at level 75 at the time. Those were the only two pokemon I could use against him. Yet I still pwned Red, even with lower levels. Groudon kept dying on me, and I had to keep reviving him. XD

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    So far, I'd have to say the double-battle against Lance and Clair with the rival. My team is rather under-leveled, so I was mostly relying on my rival to actually damage them while I used mostly stats-reducing moves. xD; So embarrassing...

Whoa, you battle ALONG SIDE your rival?! damn that's gonna be epic and freaky. O_o

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    That dastardly rival.

The battle with your rival, right as you first try and enter Ilex forest. It was really sucky, I had to train a hoothoot to level 16 (took a while due to all the nearby wild pokemon ranging from 4-8 in level) to take out his bayleef (I chose totodile). But once I beat him I walked myself down to McD's and rewarded myself with a mcchicken and a vanilla shake :3

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    whitney and her goddamned miltank.

it continuously used rollout, everytime it used stomp it'd flinch my pokemon, everytime i'd try poisoning it or paralyzing it or something it healed itself with that damn berry and fainted my pokemon right afterwards.

UGH! >:[

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
  • Misdreavus no one's gonna say you're a noob lol , i'm currently at Ilex Forest and I have the game sinece March 14 , I just restarted it about 6 times ( and only beat red once Lol ) and Mt Hardest challenge up to date was Falkner , not the sprout tower elder :p falkner with his Roost pidgeotto took my wooper about 10 minutes...

Years
  • Koga's Muk caused me problems. Upping its evasion. I ended up losing. Taught TM Taunt to Darkrai. Taunt, Dark Void, Dark Pulse, good night Muk.

And Blue's Trick Room was seriously annoying.

I have not faced Red yet.

Rumi

Bottlecap Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    I haven't been playing that much lately, so I only just got 8 badges in Johto. Clair was the hardest for me...my pkmn are kinda under leveled so my Gyrados was my only hope in beating her. After a couple tries I did, but dang that Kingdra! /n00b.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • uuh hard trainers? Where? I do mono electric and I think it's not too hard.

Falkber was easy
    Bugsy wasn't that hard with Pika
    Whitney was a joke with Thunder Wave.
    Mortsy wasn't that hard with a good preditcion
    Chuck was easy with electric
    jasmine died to Focus Punch
    Pryce to Iron tail
    Clair was not that easy but still manageable
    E4 was no problem at all. I killed Koga's Muk with Swift XD
    Lance was EASY, using magneton after one of my slaves got ikilled by Outrage.

Not really far in kanto, but no problems there yet.

Years
  • There was this Ace Trainer on Route 1 with a Starmie. It creamed Lapras and Vileplume with some attacks I can't even remember, and only went down after Espeon took it out with Shadow Ball. I really should have been using Espeon in the first place…

Also, Lance. His Aerodactyl wiped the floor with two-thirds of my team, thanks to Rock Slide, the move's side effect of making the opponent flinch, and everyone on my team being slower than it. Ampharos finally put it away with Thunderpunch, though it was partly due to luck, since it somehow didn't flinch against Rock Slide while everyone else on my team did.
    His Dragonites, on the other hand, were a minor obstacle at best.

Karen was somewhat annoying. I ended up making a pretty dumb move and used Typhlosion's Flamethrower just as she switched out to Houndoom (which, of course, activated its Flash Fire). Her Gengar also cleaned my Ursaring's clock thanks to Destiny Bond. Umbreon wasn't an issue for me, since I had three moves on my team that could hit with perfect accuracy (Typhlosion's and Espeon's Swift, and Ursaring's Faint Attack).

Surprisingly, I had little to no trouble with Whitney's Miltank this time around. I had no super-effective moves, but I used my Quilava's Defense Curl and Smokescreen to render that Miltank practically useless. Miltank's Stomp and Rollout did next to no damage (even Rollout, which was super-effective), its Attract was useless, and its moves missed almost all the time (which reset Rollout's power back to its minimum every time). The only annoyance was Milk Drink, but Miltank eventually went down thanks to a burn and a well-timed critical hit.

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
  • I found Clair, Whitney and Pryce are the hardest of the gyms, I'm yet to face Blue and Blane.

The person I have the most trouble is the Arcade Star Dahlia. The stupid Medicham always causes me problems.

As for trainers, I never have any have problem due to me having various different types of pokemon and all being equal.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Bugsy with his U-Turning-spamming Scyther.

I didn't have an underleveled team (at least, not from what I found out doing my research), but I couldn't faint him fast enough and so he U-turned and fainted my Pokemon in one shot. I revived said Pokemon and then dealt with Bugsy's other bug Pokemon in a flash... only to run into Scyther again who OHKOed everyone with U-Turn.

I ended up leveling my group another level or two more so they could withstand the OHKOing U-Turn and then I nailed him with my Onix and Togetic and Hoothoot.

UGH.

Years
  • whitney and her goddamned miltank.

it continuously used rollout, everytime it used stomp it'd flinch my pokemon, everytime i'd try poisoning it or paralyzing it or something it healed itself with that damn berry and fainted my pokemon right afterwards.

UGH! >:[

THIS.

So annoying! If you bring a well-trained fighting Pokémon it helps...or one that has some status-changing moves (Thunder Wave does wonders...) otherwise it's quite annoying.

Ayselipera

Clair was a moderate problem because I didn't have any ice or dragon Pokemon with me. Once my Vaporeon learned aurora beam it was a little bit easier. The other trainer I had trouble with was Lance. I swept through the Elite four pretty easily, but getting through three Dragonites was rather annoying. The last trainer I remember being challenging was Red. Then again I only went in with one Pokemon so that's a bit of a bad call on my part.

Back