• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Version Do You Like Best?

Which Version Do You Like Best?

• Diamond

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Platinum

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Bah, they are all the same! Who cares?

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MarioRocks08

No Longer Using This Account
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I hope this is the appropriate section for this, but I thought this would be nice to have this discussion. Now as you may know, each Pokemon Generation always has a set of three. The question is, do you like Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum and why? Is the particular set of Pokemon, or does the third game have features that you would have wanted in the other two?

For example, I like Platinum version the best because there are a lot of features that make the game superior to Diamond and Pearl. Not everyone would agree with me, of course. I mean, there's probably people that like Diamond better or Pearl for that matter.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i like diamond just because thats the one i have had longest. i just barely got pearl and am hoping to get platinum sometime soon. hopefully

Years
  • i tried playing them on the computer but they were too slow so i never finished them, but i liked platinum the best

SiReNzZ

I ♥ Misty.
    Years
  • I voted for Diamond however its a close call between Diamond and Platinum . I have never played much of Pearl :)

Ninetales433

KHR Forever *-*
    Years
  • Platinum.I like the storyline alot.The new features were also great.I never played Pearl and I hate playing Diamond with my emulator.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Platinum, but only because it had extra features.
    The outfits for the characters looked better in Diamond and Pearl. xD

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Platinum = a billion times better than D/P in my opinion.

Platinum pros:
    -The heroes looked better (Lucas still looks terrible though)
    -better sprite movements and generally better sprites (except for Dialga/Palkia/Azelf)
    -you could actually play the game, D/P were just so damn slow that I wanted to kick something
    -surfing is actually possible in Pt without screaming
    -way better storyline
    -more stuff to do after beating the elite four (battle frontier)
    -improved GTS
    -improved everything

Platinum basically has everything that D/P lacked. I'm never going to play D/P again. ^_^

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I really liked Platinum because of the new Pokétch design (I'm annoyed the bottom screen in HG/SS doesn't have something like this), the better 1337 4, the new sprites, the Battle Frontier (still annoying when I go into a Battle Tower run on my 15th battle or so and the game conveniently freezes on me), and some other aesthetic improvements.

MarioRocks08

No Longer Using This Account
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I'm sure glad I'm not the only one who loves Platinum. ^_^

Years
  • I've got Diamond and Pearl and they're pretty much the same imo. Is it worth getting Platinum? or should I just wait for Heart Gold and Soul Silver?

Valk

Inter-Galactic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Platinum is very very good. It is a hell of alot better than D/P

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Plat'num's mah fav'rite'ov the three. (hahaha... God, I'm sad)

I like the graphics better (platinum trees FTW), and the fact that you meet more Johto Pokémon and the storyline with Giratina and the Torn World.
    But as I played Diamond before Platinum, I actually didn't make it that far in the game before I got tired of it (what? The same things happen! I'm not gonna train a whole new team just to defeat the same trainers I defeated last year!)... But well, if I'd choose one of the three, then sign me up for platinum.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    like platinum more then the diamond & platinum versions.

Years
  • platinum is the best. i loved pearl and never played diamond. the only reason platinum is better is the battle frontier and the villa and slightly enhanced graphics. still if you have pearl or diamond already, i'd reccomend to wait for hg/ss rather than throw away $30 for a game you pretty much already have. i enjoyed pearl more only cause it is always best the first time. overall platinum is the best though.

Back