• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Video Game Company would you like to work with

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Spotlight no. 4.

Ubisoft
    Which Video Game Company would you like to work with

This company is known for the following franchises:
    Assassin's Creed
    Far Cry
    Just Dance
    Rainbow Six
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    Rayman
    Prince of Persia

Side from video game franchises, they also have the U-Play, a digital rights management (DRM), digital distribution, multiplayer platform service created by said company as some sort of competitor to Steam.

I figured i give the spotlight to Ubisoft since the other day, i was playing some Rainbow Six Vegas and i remember the ubisoft logo just fired up. Also, i also thought about this. Ubisoft somehow survived a hostile takeover from Vivendi. This happened at around late September if i remember correctly.

I remember wishing that I worked with Riot Games (League of Legends) and their champion development team mainly since back in the day, I was so hyped whenever Riot was releasing a new champion every now and then. Heck, I even remember at one point that there was the referral system (NA/EU only) that enabled a lucky player to have more than 1000 referals to actually get a chance to work with Riot in designing a new character for the game.

Also, i kinda was inspired to bring this up since I've played a few games of League and i thought that Ivern was a rather lackluster champion who only wins games for his team because his teammates are doing a far better job than whatever the heck he's doing.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Many years ago I think I would have said Square Enix, and a few years ago Bethesda - I'm not too sure at the moment, but I think I might want to go indie, just because I occasionally have these stray/odd game ideas I'd like to see that don't really fit with any of these big companies. Or maybe Blizzard, Hearthstone team. I have absolutely no idea what goes into the process of making new expansions and stuff but it would just be fun to be able to design new cards and adventures, or have some say in what gets printed.

Something else I'm curious about - if you didn't already mention this in your other posts, what kind of work are you guys most interested in doing for your company/what talent or skills would you bring? I think I'd want to be an artist of some sort - concept artist, most likely, as I don't have any experience in 3D modelling, but I wouldn't be opposed to learning! The idea of designing the visual elements of a game/world really appeals to me.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • As i have mentioned previously, i could just have some sort of business deal with the company I would align with by being a contracted promoter of their games. As mentioned before, I'd like to be a contracted/paid promoter of IdSoftware and Bethesda games. The only downside is that since this is essentially a form of paid advertisement, I cannot talk sh*t or give some really negative comments on a certain product. This is basically one of the more neater things that anyone can do since the benefits are somewhat enjoyable. Early access to games? Essentially being given some fresh copies as long as you keep your end in the bargain? Hell yeah. FREE GAMES! Free Idsoftware and Bethesda games!

If ever i wanted to help the indie scene instead? Again, paid promoter. Getting essentially a free copy of their game for review and promotion? Hell yeah.

But then again, should i ever push through hard enough and become an actual employee for a studio, i have a couple of choices in mind. I also keep in mind that I want to be more on the developers side in the games development scene rather than the publishers since its the developers that do much of the hard work. Publishers often have the final say regarding the product, and still have some input in the development process, but ultimately, its still the developer studio that does much of the hard work.

Playtesting:

1) The "Lowly" Playtester = its funny really. Despite how "lowly" this position may sound like, its often taken for granted these days. Its 2016 yet in some cases we often get games that are released within this year that's either buggy, have very flawed game designs, and other things that may or maybe anti-player and anti-consumer just because there wasn't enough dedicated playtesting. The best part about this is that it doesn't matter which company i end up being the lowly playtester. Its not the most prestigious of job positions but its definitely one that even big companies' developer studios need the most, and the one that needs to tell these publishers "Hey I found some rather sh**ty design flaws and bugs in the game. They need to fix this sh*t before launch"

Gameplay Design:

2A) Character Designer = I have a hyper active imagination and I often have ideas and concepts hanging around and about in the dome. As mentioned previously, I had a dream of working with Riot Games and League of Legends in becoming a character and champion designer. I'm the kind of person who takes it to heart when it comes to designing some champion/character ideas for a game by deeply investing time and resources in playing said game and thinking of a character idea that can fit this certain game.

2B) Weapons Designer = well if its not characters, then in-game weaponry may be a thing for me to do. In many great games, said weaponry themselves often become characters in which the fanbase often make their own lore into.

BIG BADONKADONKS:

3) Project Head= Yep. I have a new game in mind. I new IP for Idsoftware and Bethesda to capitalize upon. Okay, Doom and Quake were great. But in my mind, Idsoftware needs something even more, a new IP to be even more relevant in the gaming scene other than just appealing to old school and long time fans of said franchises. I have a game idea, yeah its another First Person Shooter, but its jam packed with ideas that Idsoftware will take notice. I'd become the project head for said game in development, and I'd have the guidance and supervision of IdSoftware's CEO Marty Stratton and the rest of their talented development crew. But as Project Head, I would know what this game should be all about, and I can possess the sort of charisma and charm to tell the studio the direction our game should go towards to.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    torn between inexile and obsidian, and this is me not even knowing what kind of position they'd possibly slot me into...

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Oh lawdy.

I've worked with a professional gaming organization before. Now to work with actual game developers would be a bigger dream, especially if I end up working for the likes of either Riot Games (League of Legends) or Valve's Counter Strike dev team (CS obviously). The two games i used to play at a professional/competitive level, now I imagine myself now working with said games. Its like revenge prawn. Its sweet as candy.

Now I imagine myself as being in the actual part of the balance teams in the games I've professionally played in a previous time. Hohohoho. Of course multiplayer/competitive balancing is a rather challenging task that require skills and concepts of right game design to actually fulfill. Hmmm Rioters have a bunch of Silvers and Golds in them, and I doubt that CSGO's own balancing team has AT LEAST someone in fudding PLAT in them.

Back