• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Mespirit. I wanted to catch it so I went to the cave and then I have to chase it, aside from the chasing, it flees every turn! I spent probably 3+ hours trying to find it, but I gave up.In the end, I caught it while I was randomly walking around.

Years
    Giratina first I kept knocking it out in one hit so I had to keep reloading
    then nothing would catch it I eventualy got it in a Timer ball

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    Where's Beldum in all this?
    Honestly! He's way harder to catch than all of the legendaries. Not only does he have a catch rate of 3, but his Take Down has low PP and causes recoil! It took me 4 hours to catch that bugger when he swarmed.

Galactic Saturn

Team Galactic Commander
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    Giratina..I used like a million Ultra Balls to try to catch it! Either that or I just killed it....

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Non of them were Really hard but probably Gratina was the hardest but i have a good system that works with most legendaries
    Step 1. Get a high level pokemon that knows flase swipeA good Pokemon is Marowak
    Step 2. Get a pokemon that knows Thunder wave
    Step 3. Throw a couple of Pokeballs (any type works better it u cater to the situation) it usually takes me 10 to 30 balls and the pokemon will be yours

Last edited:

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
    Years
    Cressilia was the hardest. I got it down to red on my first encounter, and whenever i fought it, it would either 1. kill my team bc i was trying not to kill it. or 2. get killed by a weedle i had ._. i used poison sting once adn that killed it! it had REALLY low health.....
    Finally i just used an ultra ball on the first turn once and i got it. Giratina was also hard bc i always ended up getting critical hits with spacial rend.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    the hardest for me was Regigigas. Damn, took me a LONG time to SR for a shiny and then catch it.

For me, I hacked my Pearl for Arceus, it is insanely easy. I ended up using a Luxury Ball on the first turn for fun, and I almost fell down to the floor when I caught it. Shiny too! :) Too bad I'm not gonna use it :(

Shining Platinum

Lovin' Kallen till I die!
    Years
    Hardest was Mespirit,stupid Pink wise Pkmn.
    The easiest Pkmn for me to catch was Diagla, I nearly made it faint, but i caught it with my regular Poke Ball, my first one thrown!
    And Im not bluffing!

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Still cant catch Heatran, hvnt really bothered, though Azelf was a pain coz i couldnt get it to sleep coz of uproar or was it uxie lol.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Still cant catch Heatran, hvnt really bothered, though Azelf was a pain coz i couldnt get it to sleep coz of uproar or was it uxie lol.

I killed Azelf for that reason. I used Action Replay to get another shot at it.

Back