• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2010
    Cresselia was the hardest really, since it ran away, everytime you met it.

although the hardest guy to get was ho-oh through Colosseum, even if you don't catch him... :\
    it takes like 30 or 40 hours to get the guy, with all the stuff you have to do

as for the fairies, I caught one of them at full health with a premier ball (very useless pokeball)... >.> so yeah... :P
    caught Dialga with a great ball..

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    None of them were really that hard...I got Mespirit second shot and used my master ball on Cresselia. As for the other three, I usually got them first or second shot with ultra balls anyway. They weren't that hard!

The snorlax master

Jonny boy
    Years
    For me it was heatran. I kept throwing ultra balls and pokeballs, and it was very hard for me to capture it because I had no good water type on my team. At the end, I fianally caught it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    Azelf was sooo difficult to catch! It took me days and days to finally catch it! Grrr Azelf.

Peanut_Butters

...I hate peanut butter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Heatran.

Darn that Heatran!
    I wiped out 3 times and used up all my Pokeballs 2 times before I gave up,and fainted him.

..Someone traded me a female Heatran some time ago,which I released.

bluesonic1

I like this place <3
    Years
    Ok...you all know in Diamond and Pearl there are some new legendary pokemon to catch like...Giratina, Palkia, Heatran, Mesprit, etc. Which was the hardest to catch for you? My hardest was Giratina...but that's the only one that gave me trouble. Anyways, what was your hardest catch?

Mesprit was my hardest. Kept breaking out of the ball >_>

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    for me it was mesprit and cresselia. wasted about 200k pokedollars on balls. ended up importing a lvl80 magneton from my emerald so i could outspeed + paralyze em, and get my bronzong to block them. even then it took about 10 tries.

heatran was by far my easiest, one surf + one dusk ball. i almost fell off my bed when that happened.

Years
    Mesprit was the hardest for me to catch becuase, I got it poisaned so i had to keep resetting and the thing wouldn't pop up in the same areas, blah, blah, blah, so I decided to import a Master Ball after Emerald cloning, find it and catch it.

Years
    Mine is Giratina, IDK why but it just wouldn't stay in. :/

Hardest pokemon in general to catch is Beldum though, only regular pokemon I needed a masterball for.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I think my hardest was Giratina because it was annoying trying to keep it's hp low enough for me to catch it, and not have it kill off all my pokemon.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Tbh, I can't really remember. If I had to say, I reckon the hardest to catch was Giratina. Mesprit and Cresselia were easy for me. I just used a Shadow Tag Wobuffet to catch them.

fire_FLAMES

ThE fLaMe Of DaRkNeSs
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    I could not catch heatran for ages.I thought hed be easy as i had 3 waters with me,I had to restart it 4 times, i used 27 ultra balls about 50 great balls and no pokeballs,i finally caught it and it was on 22 hp !!!The rest were pretty easy tbh

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Actually, I found Palkia the hardest. But that was only because I battled it while I was unprepared and I couldn't turn back. I didn't have that many Ultra Balls, and my Pokémon were all weak from hiking and battling Team Galactic. So yeah. :/

Mesprit and Cresselia I found fairly easy. I just used Wobbuffett and Mirror Coated them a bit. Then, since I always battled them at night, I just used a bunch of Dusk Balls--very effective.

Giratina I also found not very difficult. I found it in my third room. By then, I had all my lv100s transferred over. After paralyzing it, I just sat there with Skarmory, barely taking any damage, and using Rest when I needed to. I also used Dusk Balls for easy catching.

Since I'm lazy, I still haven't bothered catching Heatran yet. :B

Back