• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which was your favorite?

Which was your fave?

• Gold

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Silver

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leafeon1201

Leafeon Expert
Years
  • I was always a huge fan of gold. I don't know why i just love ho-oh. i was never a big fan of lugia because i think it was over publisized..if that is the right word. I like pokemon that are unusual and not very many people have. Like they made a whole movie that had lugia (pokemon 2000) and idk i just like ho-oh

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Well, I only owned Silver so I don't really have much of a choice here. The differences are small that it probably wouldn't have mattered anyways.

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I prefered silver over gold. I liked lugia more than ho-oh! lugia is totally awesome!!^^

Ayselipera

Well I owned both Gold and Silver and even got Gold first,
    but I would say I like Silver better because that was the
    first game I ever beat the Elite Four on.

PKMNgamer

youtube.com/pkmngamer
    Years
  • I fail to see crystal on that list... I never played Gold and Silver, started out on crystal. :/

But I prefer lugia. so SILVER FTW!

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • Well there aren't huge differences between the two, but I for some reason always favored Silver over Gold.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Well there aren't huge differences between the two, but I for some reason always favored Silver over Gold.
    What she said...

Okay fine... Well, Silver is better because... Silver = Lugia :D

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • It appears so many prefer Silver, mainly because there are a lot more people who like Lugia more. However, my first game was Gold. I plan on getting HeartGold as well. Ho-oh has always been a favorite of mine.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • I like Lugia and I like the Silver game. I owned Gold first however! But I just didn't like it as much as Silver and I'm not entirely sure...

Either way, Crystal beats both of them...

But Red just Pwns EVEYTHING

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I got Gold and Silver at the same time, and from that, I played Silver a lot more than my Gold. My Silver ended up being the 'Gotta Catch 'Em All' game, and my Gold was my 'Play until I get bored, then restart it'.

So... Definitely my Silver. /o/;

Poke'Master24

Got my Wi-Fi Jirachi
    Years
  • wow, this one is hard. but overall I would have to go with Gold since it was the first metal generation game I played. I liked Ho-Oh as well.
    They were both great games, and I'll be getting both remakes.

Years
  • Silver version because I loved Lugia ever since I saw it in the theaters before the two games were released. I remember watching that movie on the very first showing on the day it came out. :)

Besides that, I liked Silver because the exclusive Aeroblast move. I still think Aeroblast still looks the best in the 2nd generation when the screen goes black and a huge beam appears out of Lugia's mouth. It reminds me how awesome Hyper Beam looked in the previous generation.

Back