• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which will be favored? D? Or P?

Akuma

Wanderer
    Years
    Honestly, do you think people will buy one more than the other? Or will it be pretty equal?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    i want dimond!
    the cover pokemon looks cool,and i always wanted it anway..

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    pearl because well a lot of people like to choose the correct gender on the game( as in pearl=female and diamond=male.) and alot of people think the male is ugly.

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
    Well, I associate Red, Gold, Ruby and FireRed with their respective game series, them being first in the list, and since it's Diamond and Pearl and not Pearl and Diamond, I will probably favour Diamond.

diageo11

Aspiring Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I'm picking diamond because diaruga is the coolest and I don't like pink.
    Also I hope the legendaries aren't psychic types bcuz I'm sick of Psychic Legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    I am getting Pearl, because of the legendary on the cover. It looks awesome. Plus, my brother already said he wanted Diamond.

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    I usually choose he one I think less people are going to buy (Blue, Silver, Sapphire). So, I'll probably choose Pearl, despite the fact that the legendary I get isn't nearly as kewl. I don't really like legendaries anyway, so I'm hoping I get other gewd Pokemon. With Sapphire, I ended up with what is now my favorite, SEVIPER. Hopefully something like that will happen in Pearl.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Diamond, people always seem to veer towards the "warm" games... I prefer the cool stuff, so I'll be going with Pearl, like Tw1tch. My brother'll get Diamond, anyways, so it's all good. ♥

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I want Diamond, but I think I'm going to have to get Pearl..since my sister already said she's getting Diamond.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    In R/B/Y and G/S/C, I got Blue and Silver first cuz I just liked them better. It didn't really matter to me the order in which the games were said. Well, it didn't really matter to me, becuz I didn't think too much about it back then! Then i broke the tradition(without even realizing it), and bought Ruby and FR when they came out, just cuz I like the colors better. I'm getting Diamond first tho, not becuz of the way the name sounds, but becuz I like Diaruga LOT, and Mime Jr. is exclusive to Diamond. My bro is getting Pearl, so everything is fine. But I'll be getting a Pearl for myself, so yeah...

Anyways, I'm POSITIVE that Diamond will be favored over Pearl.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I want Pearl more for some reason, but I think I'll get Diamond because I like its Legendary more. x3

Saru129

Fire User
    Years
    It doesn't matter to me, I'm going to get both anyways...but I'm probably play diamond first.

RaveGamer

The Raving Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2006
    I'll get both just for the heck of it, but my friend is getting Pearl so I may just get Diamond

TonyHT

Years
    I'll download both and and play them on my DS with my M3 :D
    Anyway, untill I can get the info which are the poke differences between the version.....I'm choosing Diamond :)

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    I'd say the Diamond series will perform higher sales than its Pearl counterpart. For multiple reasons, a few including the male fans of the series will opt for the blue (male related color) other than Pearl (female related color). Also another small reason would be that some may consider diamonds to be of higher quality or value than pearls, although the later may sound ridiculous, some people relate the real life value to the title of the games leaving to believe that the Diamond version may provide "more" features.

KAAPOW

the new pink
    Years
    • Age 31
    • oz
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    I'll probably choose Pearl, for no reason that really makes sense, just because I have an obsessive love of pearl necklaces :3 Usually I just download games and play them on emulators. I'm not sure whether I'm going to buy or download yet though. Probably download, because I spent all my money on clothes and sims 2 games haha.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    DIAMOND FO SURE!!!! i really lyke parukia cause its got wings and it ownz tyme!

Back