• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whine about your playthroughs

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Why, WHY DID I DECIDE TO USE A PERCENTAGE MODIFYER ON MY HG NUZRUN? I lost a teammate I thought was the least likely to die thanks to everything being 6 levels above my team! This is why I don't mind when games get easy! Honestly when SS come out I'm 90% going to pick the starter that allows an easy mode.

What complaints do you guys have for your playthroughs?

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • Okay, it's not as bad as losing a valuable team member in a nuzrun, but I train my team obsessively until everyone is 5-10 levels above the NPCs. So one time, in Sun, I trianed my Decidueye a lot, and it was level 40 by the time I was at Malie. The thing is, I started to dislike Decideye's design, and I thought the stats weren't exactly top-notch, so I ditched him in the PC. The reason I dropped him was because he gained the levels through the exp share, and I wasn't in the mood to train him for the EVs and stuff, so I gave up. And then my level 30 Snorlax also went into the PC, followed by a Turtonator a painstakingly trained for a really long time. In my original SM playthrough, I must have dropped at least three team members, all trained for a really long time. It might not seem that bad, but I was really frustrated because of the hours I'd put into it.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Don't read if you are under 13:
    Spoiler:

Moon Emerald Wedlocke. My body count doubled and one more in just one place. And I even overgrinded with a team of 49s and early 50s. There were many times where I was happy when the game threw out a mon that was either not fully evolved or underlevelled. I don't think I'm even going to grind my replacements, just get the survivors to 56+ and use the replacements as sacrifices if needed.

Years
  • not really enjoying soft-resetting constantly for a 4-5IV event Rockruff. Might just bite the dust and use Bottle Caps, cross my fingers, and hope Game Freak makes it so that the Gen 8 games recognize the IV "modifications".

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
    Years
  • Ok, I had a HORRIBLE experience in liquid crystal (seriously, look this rom hack up, it's CRAZY). The first pokemon I meet in the wild on my first play through was A. FUCKING. SHINY. PIDGEY. And if you have EVER played through any gen 2 remake then you would know that you don't get pokeballs until AFTER you get the pokedex, battle your rival, and name him. I was the worst experience I had ever had. I was tempted to just throw my phone at the wall after that horrific experience.

Last edited:

Zero-G

on the fly
    Years
  • Pokemon Dark Rising 2 (nuzlocking that is already Undertale Genocide Route but I tried):

finding a shiny Drilbur before the 2nd gym (which is Electric) and losing it IN SAID GYM because the leader's Electivire crits a Cross Chop while I miss a Drill Run to beat him...

also, in a non-Nuzlocke run, finding a shiny Probopass on the route to Cresselia and it uses Explosion on turn 1. I screamed. Lots.

Moon Emerald:
    Screw Wattson. Seriously. I tried a Mono Water and blacked out 20 times against his stupid Alolan Raichu despite being 10 levels higher with my entire team...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • y'all real talk this ain't even gotta do with the game's mechanics i was replaying white about a month ago and i had grinded up my munna and this timburr i caught just to help me through the second gym bc all i had was a luxio that was gonna stop listening to me soon bc he's traded and then lol munna wasn't gonna beat watchog all by herself you know. so i had this timburr right and i got him and munna to like level 20 and i was in the gym, destroying it, having a good time, almost got to the leader and then i moved my ds to set it down and i bumped it into my laptop and it reset and i hadn't saved since i booted up the game and i was not about to do all that shit again and i haven't touched it since then. lol

Years
  • My most stupid failed playthrough must have been my Christian Challenge on Black 2.

For those who don't know, the most important rules are that you can't evolve any Pokemon and you can't use any Dark/Ghost/Psychic type Pokemon or moves. I managed to reach the League with a pretty decent team, with Heracross as my MVP and Emolga as one of my other Pokemon who put in quite some work (I don't remember my exact team beyond that, but I think I had Maractus and Bouffalant). Before starting the League, I checked all movesets for potential improvements.

That's when my eye fell on Emolga's Light Screen.

Light Screen is a Psychic move. I forgot all about that. And I had been using it for most of the game, even tilting some of the battles in my favor, so it was pretty relevant.

Needless to say, I had to forfeit the challenge.

Years
  • one of my biggest criticisms about SM/USUM is the fact that there's a serious lack of areas to grind after your Pokemon hit around level 65. I've just experienced this first hand while trying to level grind my Weavile to be better prepared against the E4. ._. and the area around the battle tree isn't doing a whole lot of good.

Back