• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who Actually IS Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    At first, I was kinda disheartened by the starters, and assumed it would be unoriginal and boring, but now seeing the new pokemon it has given me hope, and with all these new features, I can't wait! I won't be playing the Japanese rom this time though, that completely ruined HGSS for me :(
    But yessss I am excited, and I can't wait to explore Isshu with my little snowman otter. :P

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Mehh, I'm happy we're getting a new gen that more than likely will be one of the best, if not the best, that we've had so far. But I'm not terribly excited. I feel that getting too excited would just set you up for disappoint later on possibly. Also add in the fact that the games are not coming out in English till next year, so me being too excited now will just ruin it for me when we get closer to the games North American release date.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm very excited for the games!!!!!!!!!!1 I cannot wait anymore!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to get my Chiramii!!!!!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Me me me!
    I'm soooo looking forwards to it!
    And Nintendo just have to kill us by making us wait every year huh?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    it's a new pokemon game! of corse im excited! I think most of the new pokemon look good so far, and I love the simplicity of the game names

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I am very excited but to hold me off I will have to be on here day after day trying to get me a Shiny Beast or a Movie Celebi.

AngelFireWing

Princess of Heart
    Years
    I've been a fan of the pokemon since the originals came out and every time a new gen comes out I get excited over it. This one looks like its gonna be the best to date so now I'm more excited than ever :):)

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
    Years
    I'm camped on serebii since May, always waiting for more news. Yes, I'm REALLY excited.

OMG YYEEEEESSSSSS. I cheak Serebii like every single day.
    Sofar the only pokemon i [don't] like are that firey ape thing, the pink one with the flowers (muuna?) and.... *sigh* Chiramii
    Sorry to all the Chiramii fans, but he just looks too digimon-ish to me.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm very excited... I've come to accept the lost dream of A Light-Type with Reshiram being a Fire/Dragon but new light was given to the Follow Me feature. How could you be on this site and not be excited anyway? These games look awesome and the bulk of the new Pokemon are awesome so far.

Years
    I'm interested in seeing more of Issu now.

The girl is dressed like she's going to the safari and the boy looks like he enjoys urban areas. Zebras, apes, crocodiles are in safari areas (Shimama, Hihidaruma, Meguroko.) Pigeons and chinchillas are in the city (Mamepato and Chiramii). Now, I understand why the protagonists are dressed the way they are. XD I'm looking forward to find out more about B/W. ^_^

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty ecstatic for the new games. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up and get all hyped up about it and order the jap version. I'll be waiting for it, and when it comes out I'll probably be one of the first people waiting in line to get my copy.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    I'm very excited, and for the first time ever I'm actually following the news. Although I am a little worried about over hyping, but hopefully that isn't the case.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    yus, I am. The world is what drags me in, though, it's HUGE! The Pokemon also Interest me, at first I didn't like Chiramii, but now as I look at it more, I like it. :)

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    Hmm, how should I put this? Uhh... Hellz yeah I'm excited. Why wouldn't I be? They seem like they're gonna be awesome, and even if they're not I'm excited to see what the new Pokemon look like.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I wasn't that excited until they released the Legendaries. That made me mildly curious. Then the screengrabs made me sort of :/ because there were no Pokémon following the trainer, and I thought the girl sprite was...er, pervy to say the least. But when they released details of some of the new Pokémon like Chiramii and Shimama, my interest shot through the roof. It looks like their creativity has gone into megadrive, in a big way, and now I can't wait to hear more about the games! :3

My only apprehensions are that they'll try to Westernise the games too much now that rumours that Isshu is based on NYC are gathering speed, and the lack of Pokémon following you. I liked that detail in HGSS.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Lol I am, I told my friends about the new scans and they were criticizing them like crazy! But they were excited about the starters and the random match mode thing. Frankly Im quite scared to pre-order it in japanese. For one its a new region, new mechanics, and new pokemon. I will be clueless lol. But yeah Im excited, it will remind me of how I felt when I played RS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back