• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who Actually Isn't That Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    I'll be honest. I don't feel excited at all about this game. The new Pokemon look last minute and mixed up from previous creations. I seriously think this will be a dissapointment, I apologize to anyone who thinks it is promising. I mean, the graphics have improved. It's just that, I don't think making another region/game is even nessecery.

Feel free to flame or agree. I don't really mind.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm excited, but nervous also. But I'm not going to prejudge it and feel that it'll be a disappointment. I worried the same thing for every new generation that came out. I've never been disappointed before.

If you don't think it's necessary, then what do you want? Do you want Pokemon to die out? I don't.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Most of the fans want to play another Pokemon game. So wouldn't that mean another region and game are needed? Just because some fans stop liking Pokemon, doesn't mean everyone does.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    im really excited for the new games. i am going to go to gamestop tomorrow to preorder them. im sure the games will be awesome because they always are.
    ^_^

Years
    It's okay not to be excited, at least you'll have less disappointment if these games don't meet expectations.

It's sad when games get so much hype and can't completely meet expectations. Look at DPPt and even Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Both are good games, but they suffered from their unimaginable hype. It's amazing how excited people were during the end of the third generation until they actually got to play through the games. This is just a thing that happens with many video game titles.

As for me "excited" doesn't feel like the right word.
    Pokemon is Pokemon. I'm actually just really curious about the changes and updates this generation will bring.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I'm not on the edge of my seat, impatiently waiting for gen 5 to come out RITE NAO, but I'm also not just sitting around like "meh" or dreading the release of B/W. It'll be fun to play a different game, since it's been years since I've really picked up a new generation at its release, but I'll still feel a little nostalgic for the old days. I'll always have my old games though...the ones I haven't lost, that is.

Years
    I agree with MrsNorrington...I am not someone who hates change. I will take any and every generation the people at Game Freak throw at me. If change were unnecessary, then nothing good that we enjoy today would exist. I understand if you enjoy the Pokemon games you have now, but I accept and welcome change (that's kind of a hard lesson to learn in life, but as they say, the only thing that is constant is change).

I don't think this will be a disappointment, but I will definitely be saddened if they don't bring back the pokemon following you; that was so cute. :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Well, that's fine. I always do feel that feeling. Like when Diamond and Pearl did, I wasn't that greatful, but when it did come out. It was better than I thought. So fair enough

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
    im excited but i hope they make it different than all the others, im tired of the same storyline or lack there of. even if it is the same ill still get it but i really hope its a different type of pokemon game, a revamp. I want them to take chances and tweak the system because itll make a great series even better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    I don't really understand why you made this.

Your interest in Pokemon is waning. Are we supposed to...care or something? You're not excited...okay then.

I mean honestly, you've seen 7 Pokemon, stop making assumptions. We hear the SAME complains about Pokemon EVERY generation.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I'll be honest. I don't feel excited at all about this game. The new Pokemon look last minute and mixed up from previous creations. I seriously think this will be a dissapointment, I apologize to anyone who thinks it is promising. I mean, the graphics have improved. It's just that, I don't think making another region/game is even nessecery.

Feel free to flame or agree. I don't really mind.

If Nintendo makes more games they get more money. More money = neccessary.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    As for me "excited" doesn't feel like the right word. Pokemon is Pokemon. I'm actually just really curious about the changes and updates this generation will bring.
    Yeah i feel the same way. I'm curious as to how much the game has changed and what kind of updates they've put in.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    WHAT???

im really excited for the new games. i am going to go to gamestop tomorrow to preorder them. im sure the games will be awesome because they always are.
    ^_^

You can already pre-order these? *****IN'! I'm gonna do it!

Oh right, my two cents.

I'm one of those guys who gets exited over video games. Pokemon is the opposite of an exception. I squealed when I heard about it. I can't wait. Sorry, but I'm one of those guys.

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Whether it's necessary or not is irrelevant; they are always going to make a new generation while there is still an audience for the game and a potential for moneymaking.

I say you should reserve judgment until more informtation is revealed about the new games. Sure, I'm nowhere near as excited for these as I was for HG/SS, but I knew what to expect from those games.

reyzn

Years
    I wouldn't say I'm excited about the new gen. but I am curious to see how Black and White compare to the previous games. I will be playing for sure.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I'm excited but not hyped like any other people. I'm hoping for the best and prepare for the worst

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    I don't really understand why you made this.

Your interest in Pokemon is waning. Are we supposed to...care or something? You're not excited...okay then.

I mean honestly, you've seen 7 Pokemon, stop making assumptions. We hear the SAME complains about Pokemon EVERY generation.

I just wanted to know if people felt the same way? Jeez...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I just wanted to know if people felt the same way? Jeez...

Don't worry. Some people are always like that. They'll make a great deal out of a simple situation without even being logical.

Anyways, as for this thread...
    Yeah, I'm not excited much at the thought of these new games and generation.
    But for some reason, when it comes to being disappointed, it's not reducing.
    The sight of that flying pig thingy stabbed me in my heart, and the only thing that got me excited is Reshiram.

I was also excited at the possibility of a light type, but I think I'll be badly disappointed at this too, and Reshiram and Zekrom will turn out to be Ice/Dragon and Electric/Dragon like the rumors...
    Anything but that type combo... I don't see what's so icy of electrifying about their looks...
    Even Steel/Dragon would have suited Zekrom just fine... But no.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back