• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who Actually Isn't That Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I can't say I'm not excited when the amount of details that have been leaked so far are such little amounts. So yes, I still am excited, and I'm not worried, it's a game, if it's not good, it's not the end of the world, just play something else. :)

Pokemafia

I'm really not excited, I think the new Pokemon were just made by throwing random things together, I'm sticking with good old generations 2 and 3;)

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    With the Pokémon that have been reveal so far, I'm not really stoked about it to be honest. This doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it. I'm just not having high hopes for it.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
    I think they'll be fun, but I'm not like "omg neeeeeed it now :t295:" like I used to be xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2013
    I'm not reeeeeeeeeeeeeally syked out of my mind for it like I was for HG/SS. But I'm going to get it. I'm just glad that they're even making a new Pokemon game.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I agree with shookie and Kirbychu, as with others. I'm not overly excited about B/W like I was for D/P, because I realized that too much hype can really bring the game down. I'm neutral right now, surprised at every secret being released but not over thinking it.

Diablo361

Trainer of the Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Alright, there is WAY too much Hateorade of the new Pokemon. "They're ugly, they've run out of ideas, DERP DERP DERP"

People, Pokemon are Pokemon. As a fan for years, (14 and counting), let me tell you something.

Gen 1 Pokemon were uninspired. (Grimer and Voltorb are not great designs. AT ALL.)

Gen 2 Pokemon got a bit better, but a good amount are still pretty bland (And please WTF is Sunflora?)

Gen 3 added more designs, but have a lot of expys to former Pokemon (Slaking=Snorlax, Minun & Plusle=Pikachu)

Gen 4 Pokemon were overdesigned.

Gen 5 looks like Gen 4.

Get over yourselves. You won't like some Pokemon. You'll like others. But saying the uninspired crap line gets really old. Adding new Pokemon adds diversity in game that REALLY needs it.

And to those who want a drastic story change, remember what happens when developers change the formula. Sonic, Zelda, Metroid, etc. have all displaced fans because they changed something in the game. Change isn't always good.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I actually wish they wouldnt get so literal with the games, i mean cmon, hiun city looks like fricken new york! the pokemon do look last minut. and frankly, i miss the 8-bit music.... I found my old crystal and started a new game and compared it to heart gold.... it was so much better, and i didnt even think once about the nostalgia.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    I feel that Pokemon Black and White will be a great game. I do feel that some of the Pokemon (Gear) are rushed. But there are gems amongst the group like Shimama and Tsutaja. But I am worried about some factors about Black/White which I wont bother you guys with.

Diablo361

Trainer of the Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    I actually wish they wouldnt get so literal with the games, i mean cmon, hiun city looks like fricken new york! the pokemon do look last minut. and frankly, i miss the 8-bit music.... I found my old crystal and started a new game and compared it to heart gold.... it was so much better, and i didnt even think once about the nostalgia.

Nostalgia is influencing your judgement, because in all technicality, HG is a better game, opinions aside.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    To be honest, now that they've revealed the 3DS, I kind of wish they had waited a bit and released Black&White for it instead of the regular DS. I'm still pretty psyched though.

General K

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    I am really excited! The pokemon look SO cool and the 3d stuff is amazzing!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    Well, I'm not SO excited, but I never have been. I think this regionwill be amaazing for some reason.

To the OP, you shouldnt judge this game yet. Only 11 poke's have leaked.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
    I'm not that excited, most of the pokemon look kinda....odder than usual. The pokemon black legendary looks pretty awesome, so I'll probably get that version.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    I find it kinda rediculous how people say "They run out of inspiration!111oneelvel!lol!" ... because people do always say that on every new generation... thats what getting old. Btw. you guys will end up buying the games anyway, you cant deny it. What matters is the gameplay and its the old-fashioned one, we all like or we wouldnt be here. And if there are pokemon you dislike its okay, that doesnt mean that they ran out of inspiration and there will always be people who like them. Like someone said before: older generations had pokemon aswell which's design sucked badly... Face it. And i think it is good that they add new pokemon for more diversity and to match other people likings.
    Btw. some guys should finally start taking of their nostalgia glasses... Furthermore wheres the problem you dont have to use the new pokemon or buy the new versions (but dont complain you cant have as much fun as others who bought the new versions and use the awesome new features... which's the only thing that matters imo)...

That was my opinion on that... and BTT:
    I'm not that much excited. There is some stuff which looks promising but i can't judge how that will turn out.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I can wait to play them as I'm looking forward to other stuff in my life but I would still prefer you not talk about Chiramii in that tone of voice :) (Saying they looked last minute, which they did all except Chiramii) They look fun and all, but I'm not on the edge of my seat... I'm nicely in the middle of "Who Cares?" and "I want it!" so yeah I don't see how Isshu is physically possible either as its NYC next to a desert next to a lighthouse near a icy mountain near a bee hive/forgery thing... (though I do see it as a way to made alot of Non-Water type Pokemon) I just hope some of the problems we have with the games are solved so they don't have most Pokemon in the UU and NU area and more OUs together and only Ubers being Legends. xD Evolve some of the oldies they never got far like Dunsparce and Qwilfish and we are good to go...

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Knowing that I probably won't get one of the games until it's pimped out third version comes out (when I regret getting Black/White) I'm not that excited.

But, I may get their feature-filled counterpart, or I can just wait to sixth Gen :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back