• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Who Did you Choose

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    In R/S/E I usually choose Torchic or Mudkip. Depends on my other team members. I don't dislike Treeko though, but I chose it as my starter only a few times.

And in FR/LG I always choose Charmander. I don't like the other two~

Years
    I had chosen different starters for each of the games, actually. Well, sort of... ^^;

Sapphire: I chose Mudkip, and it's because it appeared cute to me, and I was fond of water types during that time. But actually, it's been a while since I restarted my Sapphire...

Emerald: I chose Treecko! I used to be the person who would choose whatever starter interested me, but now I'm aiming for grass types. I also chose Treecko because I never really chose it whenever I played any of the Hoenn games.

Leaf Green: I chose Bulbasaur again. Once again I prefer grass types at this age and Bulbasaur seemed to be useful for me; especially in the first few gyms.

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    My first one on Emerald was Mudkip, because it's cute (yeah, I have flawed logic) But from then on I went with Torchic (who's cute too :3)
    And on LeafGreen it was Squirtle, I don't remember why. Maybe I just like water types?

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I always pick the fire starters...so I picked Torchic in R/S/E and Charmander in FR/LG.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I remember when I got Ruby as my first Pokémon game. I chose Mudkip (named it Mudd XD), as I at the time thought it had a type advantage against Poochyena. Then I accidentally turned the game off and Mudd died...
    So I restarted and raised him kindly.
    When I had almost beaten the game, a friend wanted to borrow my l. 100 swampert, so he did.
    Then he started the game over... Guess how angry I was... >:(

On my Emerald, I chose Treecko. Then it turned out the game was an illegal cartrigde that odd enough started over every time one beat the elite four.

So by then I got pissed off and I never play those anymore...

On Firered I chose a Charmander, a female named Chara, and we're still happy ^_^

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Charmander and Torchic. Though I do quite like Mudkip and Squirtle.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Sapphire: Treeko.

Ever since I trained this guy, it's been my starter if ever I'll restart. In Emerald too, although the second try I chose Mudkip.

LG: Squirtle.

It's been my best Kanto Starter since Blue. And will ever be.

Years
    For Emerald I really liked all of the starters. When I first got the game though I picked Treecko and was quite happy with how he turned out, either way I like them all though.

For my FireRed I picked Squirtle because he's always been my favourite starter. It's mostly because of how awesome the Squirtle Squad is... and that Blastoise is a bamf.

Back