• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you think controls the gaming market right now?

Who controls DUH market?

• Nintendo

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Sony

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Atari SQUEE!!

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Newsflash honey, Microsoft doesn't count. An Xbox is but a mere computer with a black box, nothing more. So they're automatically ruled out as far as I'm concerned, contrary to the fact that I do have an Xbox and not a PS2 nor a GameCube. I wanted one at the time.

But that leaves Nintendo and Sony. No comparison, Sony wins hands down, simply because the definition of the word 'society' is no longer assimilar to the word 'fad'. That is all.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Nintendo.
    I think their stuff looks cooler and attracts more people, even though Sony has some cool games.

Kira

Style Guru
    Years
    Microsoft is all over the place, not because of their game engine(-s) ut because of their games. For example, who hasn't heard of NHL? Or Fifa? Microsoft has probably the biggest section of the biggest game ever.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    Who controls the console market? In America Sony, then Microsoft, then Nintendo. In Japan Sony, then Nintendo, then Microsoft(The X-BOX barely sells over in Japan, that is why they are making to X-BOX 360 cheaper in Japan). Yeah Sony is the winner in consoles in both America and in Japan. But in the portable market Nintendo whips everyone else in America and Japan. Overall, I think Nintendo controls the gaming market in America and Japan, then Sony, then Microsoft.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    I basically made this thread to weedle out the fanboys...controlling the market is about factual statistics...it's all about denial

If you said something other than sony...*COUGH*fanboy*COUGH*

Mr.Mime

At Pikachu's Party
    Years
    Has too be Sony i think

They make loads more money than the rest and like someone already said the sales are still mad!! :laugh:

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    It's Sony. Their games are for all ages while Xbox is for mostly mature gamers and Gamecube and N64 had mostly games aimed at younger players. The sales are still high, however, Nintendo most likely will take the lead later on because of the Revolution, and several new games that will be availible for it.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Mr.Mime said:
    Has too be Sony i think

They make loads more money than the rest and like someone already said the sales are still mad!! :laugh:

Nintendo makes the most money out of video games and hardware but you are right about the sales.

Back