• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who else thinks...

DaPews

Pokemon Planet Vice President
Years
  • That the battle tower cheats? Ex: Sheer Cold will hit 50% of the time.
    It makes me so angry!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    well i dunno because when i have a high streak i only get stopped by 1HKO moves.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Well, it's kind of your fault for not being able to kill a Pinsir.
    That thing is slow and weak.

I wiped a team on Shoddy with this:

Dewgong @ Wide Lens
    -- Sheer Cold
    -- Horn Drill
    -- Rest
    -- Sleep Talk

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I think it cheats past the second streak.
    One time I was trying to reach Palmer when I had to face a pokemon (It was a long time ago so my memory is very vague) who knew a 1HKO, which was obviously not good.
    Well, it hit my pokemon and I lost the battle.
    Since then, I try to make sure my team is ready before I reach the second streak.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Like 80-90% of the times I lose in the Battle Tower it is due to breaking of clauses that are almost always present in person-to-person matches. It's annoying. >_<

I've lost to Horn Drill a few times, heh.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    And it always gets me with Sheer Cold and Fissure. Im always like ooh, a free turn when I see it and then the animation comes and Im like DAMN!

DaPews

Pokemon Planet Vice President
    Years
  • Ya...it's official...Battle Tower cheats. My friend and I figured that what the computer does is targets that pokemon that you have brought into the battle tower. Like when we bring in a strong normal pokemon, we will see more Ghost and Fighting pokemon later on in the game.

This is how my battle went...Ok so...I have this "adjusted" Slaking. It's ability is Huge Power and has ExtremeSpeed (my friend and I are getting tired of losing) So...39th battle, I come across a Gliscor. I have my epic Slaking, and use ExtremeSpeed, but of course...it has Focus Sash and then uses Guillotine! So i'm like "aight...no biggy." I send out my Jolteon and finish it off with a Shadow Ball. Then it sends out Milotic and I kill that with Thunderbolt. Then the Abomasnow comes out. I get a Shadow Ball in and it kills me with Sheer Cold. Atsonished at seeing 2 1HKO moves hit in a row, I send out my Bronzong and put the thing to sleep. I get to Calm Minds in when it wakes up and kills me with a Sheer Cold...It disappointed me...greatly and yet I'm sitting here playing it again.

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
  • Ya...it's official...Battle Tower cheats. My friend and I figured that what the computer does is targets that pokemon that you have brought into the battle tower. Like when we bring in a strong normal pokemon, we will see more Ghost and Fighting pokemon later on in the game.

This is how my battle went...Ok so...I have this "adjusted" Slaking. It's ability is Huge Power and has ExtremeSpeed (my friend and I are getting tired of losing) So...39th battle, I come across a Gliscor. I have my epic Slaking, and use ExtremeSpeed, but of course...it has Focus Sash and then uses Guillotine! So i'm like "aight...no biggy." I send out my Jolteon and finish it off with a Shadow Ball. Then it sends out Milotic and I kill that with Thunderbolt. Then the Abomasnow comes out. I get a Shadow Ball in and it kills me with Sheer Cold. Atsonished at seeing 2 1HKO moves hit in a row, I send out my Bronzong and put the thing to sleep. I get to Calm Minds in when it wakes up and kills me with a Sheer Cold...It disappointed me...greatly and yet I'm sitting here playing it again.

wow i thought i was the only one that thought that.........and i thought i had it bad when palmer's rhyperior pwn'd my whole team and some jynx did the same... but if i had a adjusted slaking and lost i probably would of went on a rampage...:rambo:...and broke everything in my room

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    While sheer cold should only statistically hit 30% of the time, there's always the possibility of hitting 400 times in a row. Hax is always something to take into account for battle tower at the higher levels, you just have to learn to work around it. For example, bring a flyer/levitator to avoid fissure, that one of the OHKO moves remedied.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    While sheer cold should only statistically hit 30% of the time, there's always the possibility of hitting 400 times in a row. Hax is always something to take into account for battle tower at the higher levels, you just have to learn to work around it. For example, bring a flyer/levitator to avoid fissure, that one of the OHKO moves remedied.

We hear ya but it seems that the opponents of the in game battle tower never miss with these moves and thats some ol bull.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    No...ur just having trouble...
    I knocked out one of their Gliscor's who had Gullotine and it missed three times...the 4th time it was stupid to use it on my donphan (double battle) who has the ability of sturdy...lol

Back