• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen who got pokerus..

Years
  • Really weird, I never run into any sort of luck in Pokémon games. I've never found a shiny besides the Red Gyarados or had the Pokérus, so you can imagine I was super-surprised when the game said my party of Teddiursa's had caught the virus. I was going to get a Pokémon with Pokérus traded to me in order to EV train but now I won't have to anymore.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I got it by randomly in SoulSilver. And I also must've got it off my Embedded Tower Kyogre...all 6 pokemon I used got Pokerus.....

I seem to now only get Pokerus when I take my Arceus to do the event, and collide with an Unown. So I could probably convince Professor Elm that Arceus invented Pokerus...

And I think when people claim they haven't seen a shiny, it's because it's guaranteed, so they don't count it. Seeing as it's incredibly rare to get a good nature, I only count it if it's decent-natured

nm legend

Years
  • I think Pokerus is rarer than shiny Pokemon. I've got 2 shinies and no pokerus.Also,if you play Johto games, you're guaranteed to encouter a shiny,so people claiming to have beaten Lance in Johto games without seeing a shiny are lying.
    not really one of my lil brothers is almost done with ss and he hasnt seen a shiny yet.....poor kid

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • not really one of my lil brothers is almost done with ss and he hasnt seen a shiny yet.....poor kid

The Lake of Rage Gyarados is a shiny...
    So yes, he has seen one. Everyone that's beaten at least Pryce in G/S/C and HG/SS has seen a shiny.

Speaking of Pokerus, I've never actually seen it on a wild Pokemon, but got a Bagon off Wi-Fi that had it. Now a ton my Pokemon have it, in my PC, for the purpose of spreading it.

nm legend

Years
  • The Lake of Rage Gyarados is a shiny...
    So yes, he has seen one. Everyone that's beaten at least Pryce in G/S/C and HG/SS has seen a shiny.

Speaking of Pokerus, I've never actually seen it on a wild Pokemon, but got a Bagon off Wi-Fi that had it. Now a ton my Pokemon have it, in my PC, for the purpose of spreading it.
    oh yeah thats true lol...(feels stupid)....i meant one in the wild besides gyarados

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • i have a complete PC box filled with pokerus pokemon if anyone wants (just PM me). Ive encountered it since R/S/E i think?

Years
  • I have never even seen Pokerus in any game at all. D:

I also don't expect to EVER see it, being that I'm naturally unlucky.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I've never gotten PokeRus, I just get it from trades. XD

Also, PokeRus is rarer than a Shiny. Shiny Pokemon have a 1/8192 chance. To get PokeRus, you have a 3 /65,536 chance, roughly about three times rarer than a Shiny Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I was really lucky with Pokérus, but not shinies. On all three of my games, Emerald, Platinum, and Soulsilver, I got Pokérus legitamately before the elite four. (No trading) As for shinies, I've only ever met one randomly... A Hariyama on Victory Road in Emerald, who proceeded to "Whirlwind" my hopes and dreams. :( :p

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    I got Pokerus from a wild Pokemon. I immediately infected all my party pokemon and stored the infected one on my PC box. before I trade online, I infect it with the Pokerus, just to say 'thanks'

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • My brother's shiny Chikorita caught it randomly off a wild Ratatta at the begining of the game.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Traded from Pearl to Platinum and again to Soul Silver. I'll be trading to White when it comes round in English.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • My first case I got from training my team. Somehow it just appeared after i made it to the survival zone. My current case I got in a series of trades on the GTS, and a person who traded me a Metwo, that I'm not sure if it's legit, that had one.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I got Pokerus in Azalea Town.

Back