• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who has gotten X or Y but still hasn't completed a previous game?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • I am anticipating my delivery of Pokémon X but I haven't been able to complete Pokémon Black 2 yet... it's one of the more difficult Pokémon games...

anybody bought Pokémon X or Y and yet still needs to make progress on the other games? (roms and/or restarts after beating the game not allowed)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I restarted Black 2 after finishing the Elite 4 and am yet to re-finish it...

Was meant to do it in lead-up but I just have no enthusiasm for that region.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
  • I have beat every game other than BW/BW2

I, as Paparazzo said, have absolutely no enthusiasm for the region. Kanto was the beginning, and Johto was peaceful. Hoenn was adventurous and Sinnoh felt fresh. Unova just never clicked with me.

I'm hoping this new region speaks to me, whenever I find the motivation to go buy a 3DS and X/Y.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I finished it within the last days before X/Y's release.. mostly due to knowing that X/Y why is about to come!
    For some reason B/W2 wasn't all that appealing to me. ><'

Frozthax

Youtube partner
    Years
  • I've just made first walk bit thingy with first battle, but will make more videos soon...
    my bro has the ds and we have to share XDDDD
    I cant wait to play it more :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Just started with X [in English] and Y [in Spanish] - and I still have not yet finish playing Soul Silver [I'm on the 7th badge] or Pearl [just arrived at E4, not yet challenged]. I got more distracted playing my two other B2/W2 challenges I forgot to finish them......... now I'm with X&Y.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    I thought I was going to be one of those people until I finally finished Black (1) and White 2 just this year without ever completing a previous game. It helps that my team consisted almost entirely of Gen IV legendaries, lol. Never completing a Pokemon game has been weird for me since I started on yellow and played the 4 remakes, plus Gen V.

Years
  • I have beat every game other than BW/BW2

I, as Paparazzo said, have absolutely no enthusiasm for the region. Kanto was the beginning, and Johto was peaceful. Hoenn was adventurous and Sinnoh felt fresh. Unova just never clicked with me.

I'm hoping this new region speaks to me, whenever I find the motivation to go buy a 3DS and X/Y.
    I feel the same. Unova didn't really feel as fun compared to the other regions.
    I'm sure I'll go back and play BW, but for now it's the one I haven't beaten.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • My White is currently incomplete, but I don't see myself picking that up in awhile. I was in the middle of a new file in SoulSilver that I was hoping to at least beat the Elite 4 before now, but that will have to wait a little while too, although much less than White will have to. My White 2 is basically complete except for some of the post-game, but I'm not too worried about that. I'll get them all completed eventually. It's not like I haven't done it before.

Starchomp

Avid Gambler
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    I never really finished heart gold. The kanto part was just so boring that I couldn't complete it.

Then I let my friend borrow it and he lost it in his mom's car. :/

Lilikoi Juice

I'm on Youtube!
    Years
  • I wonder if anyone is playing Pokemon X and Y, having never played any of the Pokemon games before?? That seems interesting to me because most people have played at least one other Pokemon game previous to playing X and Y. ;3

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I have completed the BW2 main plot but yet to catch the post-game legendaries, since they always slip off my mind. :O

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • I've yet to finish W2. I've gone through BW so many times (main story/challenges - never the 2nd E4 as I lack the patience to level grind) that I'm burned out with Unova right now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I haven't beaten 4th gen because they suck (except Heart gold and soul silver).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    playing 2d pixel pokemon got boring to me i have hard time play pokemon in 2d pixel animation. but pokemon x & y more fun with 3d models and there great online feature play with other people

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
    Years
  • I played Blue, Red, Yellow, Silver, Gold, and SoulSilver. I attempted Black 2 on a rom but didn't care for it. The ones like Ruby, Platinum, etc I never saw an interest in, but X&Y have my full attention. I'v put 8+ hours in my X copy so far (mind you I have to share my 3DS with my girlfriend until she gets her own 3DS since she has Y).

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
    Years
  • I never completed SoulSilver. My brother plays it on and off every now and then, though. That's the only game I haven't completed, unless you want to include Mystery Dungeon!

Back