• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is that Dragon Pokemon that "terrorized" Blackthorn City a long time ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Thats all well and good,but most of the reall animals they show are only fish.They said something about a lion tamer,where are the lions?If there are any real animals than why dont we see them living alongside pokemon.Maybe seeing a hawk and a fearow fighting in the sky....or give some notion that there are real animals and not just fish that live in the world of pokemon.the people only have pokemon as pets...like dogs.They'll like a snubull or and eevee.But where are the real dogs.

For dogs, while it wasn't exactly in the anime, it's close enough since it's an Animanga:

https://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7433&d=1170263883

Also, If they were called "Lion tamers" then it should be obvious that that means they tame lions (even if we don't really see them). If they didn't have Lions, they would have been called Persian tamers (since, prior to Gen IV, the only pokemon thus far that even Resembled a Lion or some sort of Big cat was Persian (Since it seemed WAY too big to be a house-cat, much less it's namesake.).

Also, as stated before, Pidgeotto, prior to being captured by Ash, was seen eating a worm (It definitely wasn't caterpie, since it was far TOO small to be that pokemon.)

Also, while it technically isn't a REAL real animal, Gastly DID summon a Mongoose in The Ghost of Maiden's peak.

Plus, there was lobster onboard the St. Anne/S.S. Anne.

And I'm pretty sure that... thing they were eating in the second movie was an ordinary chicken, if not a turkey. It definitely wasn't one of the birds, since the shape didn't even Resemble a Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Spearow, Fearow, Farfetch'd, and ESPECIALLY not a Doduo or Dodrio, and THAT'S Not even counting later gen Pokemon.

EDIT: The Pic won't load, so I might as well have to link it.

Last edited:

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    I think I might go along with the gyarados or maybe the Garchomp theory.. I dont think it'd be Rayquaza...

Years
    Come to think of it in the Real World some animals became extinct for example the Dodo so maybe the dragon Pokémon they are talking about and called "The Unkown Dragon Pokémon" is now extinct and they had no Pokédex back then so they would've not been able to identify it and no one couldn't have drawn it as evidence because camera's would not have been invented yet.

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
    Years
    Hmmmm...

Ok...a lot of people say that it's a Gyarados (giant/shiny/whateva). Definitely not a Rayquaza. And slight chances for it to be a Garchomp or a Charizard. Another chance for it to be an extinct Pokemon that looked like a Dragon.

Any other canon related ideas? ♥

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    yeah... rayquaza is a good pokemon... It could not be a charizard or garchomp because their teeth are not that big... but it could have been a giant one, like that areodactyl from the lati@s movie

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Dialga was in another dimension at the time...

Twero

ii'
    Years
    Dialga was in another dimension at the time...
    Yeah, but it's strange. We know both Dialga and Palkia can't go out of that dimension. In the games, we need some things and in anime the region of Alamos Town has a weak Dimension's barrier.
    But, in the credits of 10th movie, we saw Dialga going out of that dimension. In credits!

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
    Years
    Probably the red Gyrados, it was said to have big fangs, and terrorised Black Thorn City?
    well, in the games/anime it was never mentioned how long the red Gyrados was in the lake for, for all we know, Team Rocket could have planned the attack on the Lake or Rage years before.
    And, the Lake of Rage isn't too far away from Black Thorn, so it could have been possible that it migrated to Black Thorn, to wreak havoc there.

Cerisse

Trainer and Anime Fangirl!
    Years
    Red Gyarados is a meanie...

Well...I think the Gyarados theory is quite dominant here but only, in your case, it couldn't have been from the Lake of Rage because a Lake is a closed water formation. Which means that it doesn't have routes to other bodies of water like how a river and a stream does. So, unless if the Gyarados went on land and crawled on it's belly up to Blackthorn just for terrorizing for an unknown reason, it's a bit impractical for the big fishy.

Last edited:

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I like your theories to this and it seems like it was a Gyarados but I have an opinion. You have all missed out on one vital bit of information what pokemon is the main theme in the dragon temple in crystal. I also like someone's theory which is spot on just because a lets say magikarp is normally 10 metres long doesn't mean they are all going to be that size if you all remember there is a guy in a house at the lake of rage that askes you to caught him a big magikarp and he measures them and then you have that giant dragonite in the episode that you meet bill in at the light house so don't always think oh that pokemon is to small if it is a wild one it could be very big. So yes it could be a Salamence it could be a Gyarados but i don't know so good luck.
    P.S. Gyarados is a Water/Flying type.

Twero

ii'
    Years
    Probably the red Gyrados, it was said to have big fangs, and terrorised Black Thorn City?
    the Red Gyarados? ii'''
    But, in anime, this Pokémon wasn't a creation of Team Rocket? The myth of the Dragon Pokémon was a long, long time ago! I think the ER doesn't exist in this era!

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
    Years
    Well in the games and anime it was never mentioned how long the red Gyrados was in the lake for all we know, Team Rocket could have planned the attack on the Lake or Rage years before.
    We don't know how long TR have been around, either, for all we know it could have been centuarys.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    No thread necromancy intended but this is an interesting topic!

My vote is on a evil shiny/dark Charizard. It isn't native to Johto. And back then, there weren't any Pokedex, so chances are, they didn't know what a Charizard was. What about you guys?

Last edited:

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
    Years
    No thread necromancy intended but this is an interesting topic!

My vote is on a evil shiny/dark Charizard. What about you guys?

Read the rules before you decide to post
    Do not post in threads that have not been posted in for more than a month. (2 pts / 2 wks)
    A thread that has not been posted in for more than a month (generally around 30 days) is considered "old". Please do not revive old threads. For restarting topics, create a new thread. Exceptions do apply in certain forums.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Would you like me to make a new topic of this instead of just re-opening this one? Seems impractical. This is an interesting topic after all.

Years
    There's a few reasons why we don't allow people to post in old threads.

Typically, a thread dies for a good reason. People may have had nothing else to say about it. Maybe they got fed up with the topic. The topic might even be out-dated. If an old thread interests you so much that you think the topic should be revived, you can simply start a new thread. Doing so avoids the irritation felt by anyone who starts reading through a supposedly new thread and then realizes that it was written two months ago. Many people actually get irritated by constant bumping. We need also room for new topics!

We could also do without the mini-modding, TheFuturePokemon. :)

Closed

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back