• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favorite manga artist?

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Who is your favorite mangaka? Mine is Ai Yazawa, who illustrated NANA and Paradise Kiss. I think her art style is really cool, plus she has good fashion sense. See?

Who is your favorite manga artist?

I've heard that she recently became ill though. That can't be very nice for her.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    Tanemura, Arina - Shinshi Doumei Cross for example... the art is so beautiful!!

I have many more but I would say she is one of them that is at the top of my list!!

Chiku Hamasaki

-う ち は オ ビ ト-
    Years
    Mmph.
    Arina Tanemura. Full moon was probably her best manga.
    I just love the twist from it and the anime ~

And well, Shinshi Doumei was pretty good too.
    made me cry a lot.

but yeah
    her art is beautiful.
    I'm planning on buying her art collection book :3

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Oiwa Kenji of the Welcome to the NHK manga adaption, Mashima Hiro of RAVE and Fairy Tail, Tsukiyama Kaya of Area no Kishi, and Urasawa Naoki of MONSTER
    Dunno if they count, but I really like Sasakura Ayato (Shakugan no Shana) and Takeda Hinata

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Yuu Watase for me. She drew Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi, Absolute Boyfriend, etc.

:] I just adore her art style, not to mention her intriguing plots, characters, romances, and comedy.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Just as Lightning said, Yuu Watase is awesome. :3
    She has an awesome way of telling stories... Her way of putting twists in her stories is amazing. And her artstyle is gorgeous.
    It's too bad she's in such bad health though. I would love to read the continuation of Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden (which is my favourite Manga)... Compared to the original Fushigi Yuugi, Genbu Kaiden is much darker and mature.
    Spoiler:

My other favourite Manga-ka, is Yukiru Sugisaki, the author of D.N. Angel, the Candidate for Goddess, Lagoon Engine (Einszats), Rizelmine and what not...
    I do prefer the style she used in D.N. Angel and the Candidate for Goddess though. The characters aren't so... childish. And the amount of detail is.. wow.. I wish I could draw like her. xD But the closest I come to her style is the Animestyle of DN Angel/CfG.
    It's too bad she has a habit of leaving things unfinished and starting new things... But you don't hear me complaining, I do the exact same thing. XD

I also think that her style was at it's best (to me anyways) in the Ice and Snow Arc (Volume 6-9), it was very nice in volume 3-5 as well. But in volume 10-11 (before hiatus) and then 12-13 (after the hiatus) her style changed a lot. Not that I mind. :3

Spoiler:

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Fujiko F. Fujio! Artist and creator of Doraemon. Though simple, I really like his artwork. Doraemon is awesome! =D

Mew Ichigo

Akatsuki Fan
    Years
    Yuu Watase for me. She drew Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi Yuugi, Absolute Boyfriend, etc.

:] I just adore her art style, not to mention her intriguing plots, characters, romances, and comedy.

I agree with Lightning here. Her artwork was excellent in Fushigi Yuugi, the plot was amazing and I love her characters.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    My manga collection would say Yuu Watase, because I have a few of her works (plus I've read FY, Imadoki! and Absolute Boyfriend), but I like Kaori Yuki's - the manga-ka of Angel Sanctuary- artwork the best. :3

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I just adore Chica Umino's art style. She was the artist and writer for Honey and Clover, and I love it. I was I could draw like her. I also really like Io Sakisaka's art style; she's the artist for Strobe Edge. The art, plot, and characters are really cute, but it's such a shame that Strobe Edge isn't that well-known. Oh, and even though I didn't finish Shinshi Doumei Cross, I loved Arina Tanemura's art. Of out the three, I'd say Chica Umino is my favourite manga artist.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Rumiko Takahashi, I love her works and grew up with them. Like Ranma 1/2 and now, Inuyasha.
    I mean come on, she's the best!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Gonna play it safe, and say Tezuka Osamu.
    His achievements as a mangaka are great, and his stories are always so well constructed too.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Miwa Shirow of DOGS: Bullets & Carnage:

Spoiler:

And Katsura Hoshino of D.Gray-Man:

Spoiler:

If we're talking about fashion, Miwa Shirow knows where it's at. |DDD

Back