• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your idol and have you ever met them?

dark charmander

Gaara...
    Years
    what the title says :D *naruto smile*
    my idol is Jenny Jones, the first british snowboarder to win gold at the winter X games.
    I met her on Saturday the 3rd of October 2009 *naruto smile*

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    Idol? This word is unknown to me, since I have none.
    XD

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    My idol is Jimmie Johnson. I almost met him! I missed him by TEN mintues!! I was sooooooooooooooooooooooo upset!!! But I've met his best buddy Jeff Gordon who is my little brothers idol. When he was signing autographs, this kid asked Jeff, "Mr. Gordon, may I shake your golden hand?" XD That was sooooooo funny!! But yep, I'm still waiting for another chance to meet Jimmie Johnson. ;)

FFX383

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Idols are pointles, shape you'r life the way you want it than be your own hero and live your life.

Nice try to sound philosophical, but your wrong... Idols are needed, think about people who live in very unfortunate conditions, they need somebody to look up to, to motivate them. Weather that be their own parents or famous figures, idols are very usefull in our society. If you have a passion in life to be a great author, then you should really look up to people like Stephen king, he should be motivation that anybody can achieve their dreams if they work hard enough.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Easily my mother. She is everything I aspire to be and more. She's independent, proud, and not afraid to assert herself. She's just amazing. I can't imagine growing up with anyone else - she's shaped me more than anyone else except maybe my cousin. But my cousin and I are meant to be two separate people, anyways. =)

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
    Idols are pointles, shape you'r life the way you want it than be your own hero and live your life.

Fail.

Idols are people you look up to, not people you want to copy. But judging by this comment, you wouldn't have a clue about how an idol influences a person's life.

My idols are Swedish House Mafia and Laidback Luke

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My idol? Easy answer there: James Rolfe. Don't know him? Heard of the angry video game nerd? There ya go. There's a picture of him on my profile. Anyway, aside from being a raging game playing freak, the guy is pretty damn smart. He's got a site where he does things completely different from the nerd persona, and it's all pretty amazing. I don't really want to go into filming, but I do want to review games for a gaming magazine (preferably Nintendo Power, even though they kind of suck now). Wish I was as funny as him too, but I can't always count on vulgarity to be my style. Oh well. Great guy, though.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Nice try to sound philosophical, but your wrong... Idols are needed, think about people who live in very unfortunate conditions, they need somebody to look up to, to motivate them.
    How about the people who glorify the ghetto? The people in the ghetto will do nothing but sit on their ass all day, thinking that they will somehow get noticed like all of the stars that glorified it.

My idol? Easy answer there: James Rolfe. Don't know him? Heard of the angry video game nerd? There ya go. There's a picture of him on my profile. Anyway, aside from being a raging game playing freak, the guy is pretty damn smart. He's got a site where he does things completely different from the nerd persona, and it's all pretty amazing. I don't really want to go into filming, but I do want to review games for a gaming magazine (preferably Nintendo Power, even though they kind of suck now). Wish I was as funny as him too, but I can't always count on vulgarity to be my style. Oh well. Great guy, though.

We are aware that your panties melted :\
    But the fact that he is vulgar isn't what makes him funny; it is that he has a point. He wouldn't make fun of Karate Kid: the game unless it really did suck. At least, that's what it seemed like to me.

I don't have an idol at the moment. I do look up to many deceased people though, such as Johannes Kepler, Galileo Galilee, and Isaac Newton. I also looked up to Kurt Cobain and many other talented musicians, but I just stopped liking them for unknown reasons.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
    Michael J Fox. Ever since I read his autobiography, I just fell in love with his fight against Parkinsons and the campaigning he does to raise awareness of the disease. I haven't met him, but I went to a speech he did in London about living with Parkinsons, and that was amazing.

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
    Douglas Adams, Richard Feynman and Richard Dawkins are probably the real humans that I respect the most. Unfortunately the former two died some time ago, but I will hopefully have a chance to meet Dawkins at the upcoming Global Atheist Convention being held in Melbourne early next year.

Back