• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Who is your Johto starter?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I always choose grass, and i like kanto the most so Bulbasaur is my most favorite starter but for Johto it is Chikorita then. :)

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    when i first started playing crystal version i chose chickorita

but now my favorite has to be cyndaquil.
    johto is the best region

Akatsuki

Ohai There!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2009
    I've always went with Cyndaquil and named it Blaze. Of course it was always destroyed by my brother's Feraligatr. :( I was a Flame Wheel and Flamethrower spammer. Lol.

The Hawk

Swinub fan. Because they rock!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2010
    Probably Totodile. He pwns the ghost gym with bite, and can surf.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I played the game Multiple times so i honestly don't remember who my first starter was in the game. But, if i had to guess, i'd definitely have to say Cyndaquil

Years
    I originally went with Cyndaquil, but that was back when I went with Fire Types. Now, I'm more inclined to run with either Water or Grass depending on the corresponding pokemon. For HGSS, I'll most likely go with Chikorita. Now that there's a more acceptable selection of moves available to it.

Funnily enough, I lost my Quilava to a cloning accident before it got the chance to evolve, so my friend graciously gave me a Meganium Clone, but I wasn't too keen on that from memory.

Valo

Years
    Aww I love all the Johto and Kanto starters :3

...Chikorita maybe? But Meganium isn't loved by me so overall, probably Totodile.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I've always chose the fire starter, So Cyndaquil (:

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    I always choose Chikorita. ^^ And a plus is that its like its set to the hard level for the game and I like a challenge!

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    wow, this is really starting to bring back childhood memories. my first starter in Johto was a Totodile which stayed with me the whole game, I used to use in in almost every battle before I learned about the type chart. In fact, im actually going to pick one in HGSS to battle alongside my main team just for old time's sake.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
    Although Cyndaquil and Totodile are easier to train, and all-around more useful, in my opinion, I have a special place in my heart for Chikorita. I enjoy a challenge.

Back